PDA

View Full Version : Way freakin' OT: Dog walks kid

dogdriver
04-24-2014, 08:34 AM
This was too awesome not to share. Saw a dog walking a kid at an event yesterday. Didn't get an action shot, and for this I'm sorry.

nighthawk
04-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Man... If I knew parenting was that easy, I would have had a kid years ago.

nebraskacycling
04-24-2014, 08:43 AM
I don't think this would work too well with my pomeranians ;)

Since people are putting leashes on kids this makes sense though.

eippo1
04-24-2014, 12:42 PM
On of the most amazing things I've ever seen are the seizure assistance dogs. Heard some great stories like the one below:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/x1868849141/New-Hope-for-Haley

http://4pawsforability.org/seizure-assistance-dog/

Black Dog
04-24-2014, 12:57 PM
I have kids, one still that young. I have a dog….Hmmmmm :) My job as a dad just got easier.

eippo1
04-24-2014, 01:02 PM
I have kids, one still that young. I have a dog….Hmmmmm :) My job as a dad just got easier.

Actually my first babysitter was a collie. My mom would tell the dog that she was going to do things in other parts of the house and to keep an eye on me. Mocha kept me in the room, kept me entertained, and kept me from climbing on stuff.

Black Dog
04-24-2014, 08:38 PM
Actually my first babysitter was a collie. My mom would tell the dog that she was going to do things in other parts of the house and to keep an eye on me. Mocha kept me in the room, kept me entertained, and kept me from climbing on stuff.

My dog is a lab golden cross. Zero instinct to herd. He will just play then fall asleep and the kids will have the run of the joint...:rolleyes:

rphetteplace
04-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Our golden is a therapy dog that has worked in the local middle school for the past four years with in the special education department. The local paper did an article on him a couple years ago, I'd upload it but unfortunately the file is too large.

thirdgenbird
04-25-2014, 12:17 PM

Apparently the boxer my parents had was the same way. It would "guard" my sister in the front yard. It would also growl and bark at anyone (even if he knew them) who tried to come onto the yard if my mom or dad were not close by. If mom or dad was there, the dog was friendly.

eippo1
04-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Apparently the boxer my parents had was the same way. It would "guard" my sister in the front yard. It would also growl and bark at anyone (even if he knew them) who tried to come onto the yard if my mom or dad were not close by. If mom or dad was there, the dog was friendly.

Hah, awesome. I have little doubt that my current dog would be the same way. She's a Shepherd/ Golden mix. Wicked smart, super anxious loves me and is very protective of my wife.

She is afraid of other dogs and will socialize (if the situation merits it) with me, but usually goes ballistic when with my wife trying to keep other dogs away from her.

Scooper
04-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Jason is our third golden, and I believe the smartest and most affectionate of the three. He's my best bud.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/k4drd/Baxter/Jason/dscn0194tucrsm_zpsbbf68cc9.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/k4drd/Baxter/Jason/dscn0201tucrsm_zps95b3016c.jpg

dogdriver
04-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Nothing better on earth than a good dog.

A bud of mine had his daughter's life saved by their dog several years ago: They were hiking along some rapids on the Snake River when they realized that their 4 y.o. child was missing. After several terrifying minutes, they located their daughter in a few inches of water next to a rapid, their dog sitting on shore behind her with her shirt in his mouth, growling softly and pulling her away from the water. Can't think about it without getting a little misty...