PDA

View Full Version : Charity Ride Jersey Artwork is here but I need help

Bruce K
02-10-2006, 09:59 AM
I just got the artwork from Hincapie and the jersey looks great.

Unfortunately the pdf file is about 3 times too big for me to upload it to the forum.

If anyone would like to volunteer to help me get this re-sized so everyone can see it I would REALLY appreciate it.

Just PM me so hopefully, we can get this up today.

BK

92degrees
02-10-2006, 10:01 AM
no sweat. email it to me:

srobbins@admin.umass.edu

William
02-10-2006, 10:03 AM
no sweat. email it to me:

srobbins@admin.umass.edu

I'll be the back-up if 92 can't do it for any unimaginable reason. ;)

William

spiderlake
02-10-2006, 10:06 AM
If you want to host the full-size file let me know..... I can upload it to my site.

92degrees
02-10-2006, 10:06 AM
I'll be the back-up if 92 can't do it for any unimaginable reason. ;)

William

alien abduction? arrival to office of irresistible seductress? spontaneous combustion? i'm ready.

William
02-10-2006, 10:08 AM
alien abduction? arrival to office of irresistible seductress? spontaneous combustion? i'm ready.

Umm, I'll take #2. ;)

William

Keith A
02-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Bruce -- I'm available as well to either resize the image or to host the larger image. Just e-mail at d k a r b u c k l e "a t" y a h o o "d o t" c o m

92degrees
02-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Front

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1323/ms150front3po.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bruce K
02-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys.

Right now dirtdigger is giving it a whirl.

If that doesn't work, I've sent the pdf file to both 92degrees and William so we should be OK.

If not, It's nice to know we'll get it up today somehow.

BK

Bruce K
02-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks STeve.

You're quick.

Now we just need the back.

BK

92degrees
02-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Back

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1860/ms150back5wz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

William
02-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Me likey. :cool:

It also has a very red, white & blue flavor....shades of patriotic.

William

jckid
02-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Looks great! I can't wait!

Keith A
02-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Looks great! I can't wait!Ditto!!!!

Tailwinds
02-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Awesome! :banana:

I hope it's that cool waffle-texture fabric like the one Hincapie jersey I already own. It's like Castelli's fabric...

wwtsui
02-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks, Bruce!

Keith A
02-10-2006, 10:44 AM
I hope it's that cool waffle-texture fabric like the one Hincapie jersey I already own. It's like Castelli's fabric...Ditto again. The Hincapie jersey that I own has the same material that you are talking about. And it fits me great and I hope the fit is the same as the one I own as well.

Tailwinds
02-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Yes, the fit of my Hincapie jersey is perfect as well. I wonder if they will do women's sizing for us girls.

Bruce K
02-10-2006, 10:57 AM
We can choose either 3/4 or full zip. Opinions please.

They WILL be the waffle-type fabric

They are race cut, so size accordingly.

I forgot to ask about women's specific construction. I will ask.

They are going to run $70.00 PLUS shipping (TBD).

BK

Len J
02-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm in...Full Zipper.

I didn't respond previously.

If that's a problem, let me know.

Len

CT Rider
02-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Design Looks Great!!

I have no preference on the 3/4 or full zip.

Tailwinds
02-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Also, thanks for asking about women's sizing.

CT Rider
02-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Ooops, forgot to add - I recently had to return my Size 2XL Hicapie to Serotta for the 3XL size. I'm 225lbs/6"1"/44-46 in sport coat size. Hope this helps others in their sizing.

92degrees
02-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Everything seems great. Can you tell us where to send the money and sizing info? sR

BumbleBeeDave
02-10-2006, 11:16 AM
This looks great. would also look good with bibs that have any of those colors, so very coordinated.

I thought, however, that the logos would also be on the front. Here's a sample. does this look too cluttered?

Dave

Louis
02-10-2006, 11:22 AM
I thought, however, that the logos would also be on the front. Here's a sample. does this look too cluttered?

Dave

BBD,

Since you asked, I think I prefer the original versions posted above.

I agree, that your vesion does look a bit too cluttered. I like the idea of having the logos on the pockets...

Just one person's opinion

Louis

kestrel
02-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Looks Great!!!

Thanks Bruce!

I prefer full zip, but I'd be happy with either.

Are you going to post the final pricing, or PM everyone?

john

dirtdigger88
02-10-2006, 11:26 AM
does this look too cluttered?

Dave

YES

Jason

Tailwinds
02-10-2006, 11:26 AM
I like the idea of having the logos on the pockets...

Louis, I agree -- logos on the pockets would be better. We need more bananas. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Keith A
02-10-2006, 11:27 AM
My vote is for the full zip.

Bruce, it might be helpful to those wondering about sizing to get the armpit to armpit measurement as this seems to be the easiest way to determine the fit of a jersey.

Thanks again for everything!!!

Edit: An idea for when you start taking orders would be to set up a forum poll with the different sizes available. That way you could keep track of all of the orders without having to get everyone to PM you or e-mail you. Just a thought.

BTW, I like the original design with the logos on the back.

92degrees
02-10-2006, 11:33 AM
I like the design from Hincapie. The bananas are great but the charity rides are a bit sober for me and I do think there's such a thing as too many bananas for this. Given carte blanche I think I would opt for "Serotta Forum" in script much the same way we often see "Competition Bicycles" and leave it at that. Guess I'm somber today. Looks Killer, tho!

H.Frank Beshear
02-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Very nice, I'll have to check sizes but CTrider and I are about the same size so that was good hint. Let us know when to send money. No preference on zipper. Thanks for taking care of this Bruce. Frank

jckid
02-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Also, thanks for asking about women's sizing.

I'm also looking for women's sizing, so thanks for checking. As far as 3/4 or full zip, I'll go with the majority if they all have to be the same style.

William
02-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Full please.
&
Original.

William

spiderlake
02-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Original artwork would be my vote. It looks too busy with logos on front and back, imho

No preference on zipper.....

This link might be handy for sizing. I normaly wear an XL in Pearl Izumi but need to size up to XXL in Hincapie (I'm definitely not a "racer" build):

http://www.hincapiesports.com/sizing.php

Bruce K
02-10-2006, 12:10 PM
OK decisions and more info....

Full Zipper

Artwork as provided by Hincapie (This is not a Forum jersey per se but we're getting our props on the sleeves).

They will be short sleeve.

There will be no shorts, bibs, long sleeves, jackets, gloves, or any other additional items.

I will get pricing for US Postal Service Priorty Mail envelopes and postage over the weekend and establish a price for shipping.

I will then have everyone PM me so I don't have to post my address, etc. on an open forum.

I will allow 3 weeks for everyone to mail me a chack with their size request. That should be enough time for anyone to get this done.

Then I will place the order with Hincapie. Then we wait 10 weeks.

Again, I WILL NOT open a paypal account. You guys and gals are going to have to trust me to do this right.

If we get to 30 jerseys (if everyone follows up as requested, we get there), each charity will receive a significant donation, in equal amounts, from the overage due to the price drop.

I hope this works for everyone.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
02-10-2006, 12:26 PM
. . . was just to demonstrate my suggestion. I'm certainly comfortable with it if the majority want the original version. Getting that extra Forum logo on the front would be nice, though . . .

BBD

Bruce K
02-10-2006, 12:33 PM
To avoid confusion, could you remove your alternate design from your post?

That way we only have the image of the one we are getting.

I appreciate your suggestions, but I think we are kind of settled.

Does this mean you want one?

BK

BumbleBeeDave
02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Sorry. I'll Butt out now.

Yes, I still want one. But like others, having armpit measurements to judge size would be very nice.

Dave

Bruce K
02-10-2006, 01:09 PM
I spoke with Drew at Hincapie and they need a minimum of 10 pieces to get Women's sizes.

I think we only have 3 or 4 women on the list right now. What you can do is, when I start taking the orders, send both a Women's and Men's size request and if we get enough I'll order the Women's.

BK

davids
02-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Bruce,

Thanks for driving this - The jersey looks great! I'm in.

quattro
02-10-2006, 03:13 PM
:banana: For an idea that just started a few weeks ago and picked up amazing steam in such a short time I think Bruce has done an outstanding job, thank you to Bruce and everyone else that contributed their time, effort and energy to this project, I think the jersey looks great!

I suggested to Bruce in a PM that maybe the riders leaving from Wellesley and Sturbridge on Saturday of the PMC can wear this jersey and the official PMC jersey on day two, just a thought and we could get a group picture at the MMA maybe sometime Saturday afternoon. Being that everyone leaves at different times on Sunday morning as well as leaves P-town at various times there probably wouldn't be an opportunity for a picture on Sunday.

Bruce do you know a shop in MA that carries a Hincapie jersey like this for a try on?

Thanks everyone for their efforts I really appreciate it! Looking forward to wearing this jersey in this years PMC with all of the other forum members that will be riding. Should I wear my jersey while training for the PMC or should I save my first wearing for the ride?

quattro

Bruce K
02-10-2006, 04:31 PM
quattro from the website there are only 2 New England dealers, one in SW CT and one in Gilford, NH.

Both of them are a pretty hefty drive.

I have a large and an XL in Hincapie jerseys. I am not sure where or when we might get together, but maybe they might help.

Hincapie says they have been told their jerseys run a little small and so to size up. But I wear a Large in a Voler Club Cut and my Hincapies are Large.

Caveat Emptor or some other appropriate and pithy reply. ;)

BK

Zoomie80
02-10-2006, 05:41 PM
I like!!! The Serotta Forum logo on the sleeves is a nice touch. I'll take an XL plz!

Zoomie

quattro
02-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Bruce, stop the presses! I didn't see where the New York Yankees insignia was on the jersey, is it on one of the the sides that I couldn't see? :D

Bruce K
02-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Please, please, please do not post size requests to the forum. I am only going to write this stuff down when I start taking the official orders.

If you were not part of the r=original list of 32, I will put your order on a waiting list. If there is a request that is not followed up by an order, you will then get one. If not, your check will be returned to you.

Quattro - the Yankess logo ended up on the shorts!

BK

H.Frank Beshear
02-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Since Bruce graciously turned down our offer to purchase his jersey I suggest the alternitive. When you mail Bruce a check for your jersey don't send one check send two. Make the second one out to the PMC/Jimmy Fund in the note section put rider #BK0030. This would be the least we could do for the time and energy he has spent in making this idea become reality. I know what that time was worth to me. How much was it worth to you? Bruce may try to decline the offer but the Jimmy fund wont. :banana: Thanks Bruce Frank

manet
02-10-2006, 08:45 PM
one pair of XL socks

wwtsui
02-11-2006, 06:23 AM
When you mail Bruce a check for your jersey don't send one check send two. Make the second one out to the PMC/Jimmy Fund in the note section put rider #BK0030.

... just go to pmc.org to pledge directly, and use his eGift ID BK0030.

Louis
02-11-2006, 08:58 PM
... just go to pmc.org to pledge directly, and use his eGift ID BK0030.

Will they take $ via PayPal? I looked on the pmc.org site but found only credit card stuff.

Bruce K
02-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Louis;

I do not believe the PMC has a paypal option.

If you wish to make a (much appreciated) donation you will either have to mail a check to me made out to: PMC - Jimmy Fund, or use a credit card on line.

BK