PDA

View Full Version : Get in line behind the jerk

jerk
03-11-2004, 09:42 PM
yeah, the jerk is about to bite the bullet.....the jerk is stashing away his hard earned tax refund and selling the plantation and is about to be officially in line for.......an e-ricardo.....you chimps wanna know why?

because the jerk can't count the number of frame builders on two hands who really understand the important things that go into making racing bicycles....it really wasn't that long ago that bike builders built race bikes and not product managers....the jerk may be ornery and a rat bastard but he ain't an old man and it's pretty pathetic that supposidly world class builders design bikes around one fork rake if we're lucky....and don't even care about the ride height of the fork.....it sucks that plug in carbon fiber junk hoisted on us by the evil cabal of moron mountain bike product managers who needed to find new jobs and taiwanese tennis racket manufacturers intent on finding new uses for bond-o mean you gotta have black plastic stays in place of lighter stiffer and stronger metal ones.....because in the important races that matter mario cippolini is still riding a bike with geometry down to the millimeter that ugo de rosa or mario confente or falero masi would have put him on in 1965.......because the jerk wants to buy a bike from someone who knows more about biike design than he does....it's prett y pathetic that even when the jerk is at his most humble most product managers don't....because the jerk has used up all his favors with the wonderful folks at gita, has had enough serottas, has 2 pegorettii already and another on order....because he appreciates and is positivly jealous of the scam e-richie has on selling some of the nicest bikes in the world to some of the richest people in the world while still giving back to the sport which saved the jerk's life and being able to do it in his own house with his own hands.....and because e-richie is the freakin' man and he has coni manuals he'll trade for twizzlers....and because the jerk is going to race this season and because the jerk can...because the jerk is more excited about waiting two years for a goddamned bicycle frame than he generally has been about much of anything.

jerk

dnovo
03-11-2004, 09:51 PM
You know, Jerk, if you can only overcome that inherent shyness and be a bit more positive about what you want to do instead of dithering over your choices, everything would go a lot better. Don't be so wishy-washy. Learn to make firm decisions. Be decisive. Have confidence in your own opinions. Nattering around and never making up your mind is no way to go through life. Indecision can be fatal. Learn to make the tough choices. Make those choices.

Dave N. (who beat you to the punch with an order from e-Richie last year.)

Smiley
03-11-2004, 09:52 PM
ask for in a client testimonial. Well said Senor Jerk . One thing we know for sure your design spec's aint goin to change in 2 years since they have not changed since you were a toddler racing in europe. Congrats and pray tell what colors are you having your Sachs painted.

SPOKE
03-11-2004, 10:07 PM
placed my order with e-richie last year when he paid a visit to Greensboro, NC. i should be getting a call from him soon to arrange a fitting. i'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Needs Help
03-11-2004, 11:45 PM
What more can e-richie ask for in a client testimonial.

Uhhh...I can think of one thing: how about letting a reader know who the heck he is talking about?

CIII_bill
03-12-2004, 12:02 AM
I think the Jerk and e-Ritchie have been eating too many strawberry twizzlers.

Too Tall
03-12-2004, 05:46 AM
Oh g-d ANOTHER knucklehead in the peloton ;) Congratualtions on coming back to racing. Very Cool. Come to Washington DC ANYFREAKIN' time and I'll feed you bratwurst...disguise you in team colors. "Hey guys, this is my new pal Senor' Jerk he usedta race some...."

Kevan
03-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Great advise there dnovo. I only hope the jerk follows it.

It's details like this that just makes me lust after more bikes. I'm thankful this site wasn't active when I finished school or I never would have married or had children.

Instead, I'd be staying at home slathering K-Y jelly all over the bike and... ohh...nevermind.

djg
03-12-2004, 08:21 AM
shine on you crazy diamond.

Climb01742
03-12-2004, 09:19 AM
so how many of us are twiddling our thumbs on e-richie's waiting list? jerk, dnovo, spoke, me...who else? how 'bout if we all just drive down to e-richie's house and refuse to leave until he builds us our frames? i can be a very messy houseguest. and we can just stare at him. make him really nervous. and steal all his twizzlers. who's with me?

ps: like e-richie's ego needs this. geez. will any helmet fit his swollen head NOW? :-)

Too Tall
03-12-2004, 09:45 AM
M'think E-R has a life. Suspect if you show up and camp out he'll just drink beer and want to go riding all the time. I don't see a problem with that.

mavic1010
03-12-2004, 09:54 AM
who else is on the list...I am...and so is blastinbob.....20 months and counting...sigh....

Climb01742
03-12-2004, 10:11 AM
jerk, can you describe what you want e-richie to build you?

Jack Brunk
03-12-2004, 11:08 AM
I am on the wait list also. Just got on last week. 26 months wait which will allow me to give myself a Sachs bike for my 50th birthday.

Jack

amg
03-12-2004, 11:50 AM
on the wait list as well. Thanks e-richie for being such a great (and understanding) friend over the years. I look forward with great enthusiasm to finally owning one of your bikes!

Saluti,

Antonio :beer:

weisan
03-12-2004, 01:42 PM
The Jerk and e-Richie have been building up quite a chemisty and mutual respect for each other's opinion for some time now. Looking back at some of the older posts where both had made an appearance, we are treated not only to a lively and informative discussion on going between the two (at times they can also be downright hilarious eg. the Jerk's "CONI" episode). But, almost always (99.9999%), they ended up in resounding agreement aka "Great minds think alike."

This is just an observation, take it for what it's worth, otay?
I am just glad they have found each other....finally!

- weisan

"With true friends... even water drunk together is sweet enough."
~ Chinese Proverb

Dr. Doofus
03-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Neither one of us is followin the jerk anywhere, unless it involves beer.

I ain't getting an E-Ritchie anytime, and neither is he, unless we go ahead and one of us becomes a principal...which we're thinking about, but that's another matter...nope, we gotta stay sorta cheap....

But I and I take our hats off to Mr. Jerk, who's really messed us up with that TVM drop...you sayin they had you under contract one year?

Peter
03-13-2004, 06:05 AM
Yeah, his head's gotten so large that his follicles are constricted; that's why his hair's so thin...! ;-)