PDA

View Full Version : TA Carmina/Power2max

Lewis Moon
04-21-2014, 10:39 AM
For some reason I was thrutching around on the interwebs and ran across this little tidbit: Power2max makes their power meter in a configuration that will fit some TA cranks. The bonus is: you can get the TA Carmina in 185mm. I'm presently riding 190s and all the gnashing of teeth and predictions of doom were for naught: I can spin them at 90-100+ all day on the flats, my knees have NOT blown asunder and I've had no problems with fit. Other than occasionally touching a pedal in corners, having to mind the overlap and having my knees up in my face when I'm on the drops (exageration), everything is rosey. I absolutely love the extra leverage.
I'm presently using a Powertap and would LOVE to swap to a crank based meter for obvious reasons.

Ahneida Ride
04-21-2014, 10:47 AM
For some reason I was thrutching around on the interwebs and ran across this little tidbit: Power2max makes their power meter in a configuration that will fit some TA cranks. The bonus is: you can get the TA Carmina in 185mm. I'm presently riding 190s and all the gnashing of teeth and predictions of doom were for naught: I can spin them at 90-100+ all day on the flats, my knees have NOT blown asunder and I've had no problems with fit. Other than occasionally touching a pedal in corners, having to mind the overlap and having my knees up in my face when I'm on the drops (exageration), everything is rosey. I absolutely love the extra leverage.
I'm presently using a Powertap and would LOVE to swap to a crank based meter for obvious reasons.

I love the Carmina Crank, I have one on my Bedford.

Peter White is great to deal with.

It does complete with the Zephyr which is on the Legend.

Lewis Moon
04-21-2014, 11:50 AM
I love the Carmina Crank, I have one on my Bedford.

Peter White is great to deal with.

It does complete with the Zephyr which is on the Legend.

Has anyone had any experience with a Power2max?

rinconryder
04-21-2014, 11:58 AM
Check out DC Rainmaker's blog. He does over the top reviews on everything electronic including Power 2 Max and comparisons against all other power meters.

Lewis Moon
04-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Check out DC Rainmaker's blog. He does over the top reviews on everything electronic including Power 2 Max and comparisons against all other power meters.

Saw that. Was more interested in the general zeitgeist of working with the company, durability, etc.

earlfoss
04-21-2014, 10:51 PM
I have had my Power2Maxfor about 2 months and it has performed flawlessly. It installs easily and it just works. The DC Rainmaker review convinced me to take the plunge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk