PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Revelate Tangle bag users...

josephr
04-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Finally broke down and ordered the Revelate Tangle for my do-everything steed...going with a 70oz reservoir to save a little space for other stuff.
Questions:
1) I've got an exposed top tube rear brake cable at the 11 o'clock position, but wondering if I should route it through housing???
2)What do you do with the reservoir tube when not in use to keep it from flopping around? I've heard stories about it getting caught in spokes, etc.

Thanks!
Joe

eddief
04-20-2014, 09:21 AM
I know all bikes are different, but I found the velcro top tube tabs to be either too wide or located in a way that did not fit what was going on my top tube. I use Jandd top tube bags and I have routed the velcro tab both under the cable and on top of it. If the tab is not pulled too tight, the cable can still move without a problem. And I find suprisingly little side to side bag movement under most conditions.

josephr
04-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Do you have a link on that Jandd bag? I couldn't find one similar to the Tangle -- the tangle runs the length of the TT and can hold a reservoir like from a camelbak.
Joe

eddief
04-20-2014, 10:47 PM
http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FFPL