PDA

View Full Version : Mac7,1/Adobe Flash Player 13 warning

bobswire
04-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Warning, If you have an older Mac such as version iMac7,1 and are asked if you want to download the latest Adobe Flash Player 13 careful because it can corrupt your system and won't be able to watch flash videos plus won't be able to re-install the older version without being a tech wizard. Apparently they are aware of this problem and are working on a fix. I found out the hard way. :confused:

Pete Mckeon
04-15-2014, 12:44 PM
:eek: Pete

Black Dog
04-15-2014, 04:44 PM
You can fix the problem easily by going to Adobe's site and downloading the uninstaller and installer for version 12. They are very aware of the issue and have a page up with the links to revert back to version 12 and other information.

wc1934
04-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Warning, If you have an older Mac such as version iMac7,1 and are asked if you want to download the latest Adobe Flash Player 13 careful because it can corrupt your system and won't be able to watch flash videos plus won't be able to re-install the older version without being a tech wizard. Apparently they are aware of this problem and are working on a fix. I found out the hard way. :confused:

yup - I too found out the hard way - now living without adobe flash (Germany Chris offered me some suggestions, but still a no go).
If Apple is aware of this problem when are they going to offer a fix. I took mine to the Apple store and they could not offer any suggestions/help (said the laptop was to old).
If you get any answers/suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks

Black Dog
04-15-2014, 09:48 PM
I have an older laptop (2008) and had the same problem. As I noted in my post above you can remove the new version and install the old version. Adobe has a page up with the downloads and the instructions. Have you tried this?

Pars
04-15-2014, 09:52 PM
See if this link helps?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Aaron O
04-16-2014, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the warning...I don't remember my model, but it had just come out at the end of 2010.

rice rocket
04-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Just use Chrome? Flash is built in.

bobswire
04-16-2014, 09:41 AM
You can fix the problem easily by going to Adobe's site and downloading the uninstaller and installer for version 12. They are very aware of the issue and have a page up with the links to revert back to version 12 and other information.

I did that this morning and finally got to watch "How to change a flat tire". I'm waiting for mr. wrench next video on how to apply a patch to a tube. :)

Black Dog
04-16-2014, 09:45 AM
I did that this morning and finally got to watch "How to change a flat tire". I'm waiting for mr. wrench next video on how to apply a patch to a tube. :)

Lucky you. If all else fails with flash in the future try using Chrome as your browser. Flash 13 worked fine with Chrome for me but not on Safari.