PDA

View Full Version : Rob V of Seven Evergreen Blog

Mikej
04-14-2014, 06:45 AM
There is a thread over on Sevens blog about Rob V with an Evergreen riding through New Zealand. Really liking the Evergreen, and the blog seems to really add to the fire. Great job to Seven, they seem to be catching my eye a lot lately. I have no affiliation btw, just digging the bikes.

moose8
04-14-2014, 08:58 AM
I have no affiliation either, but I have to say they seem to sponsor lots of bike related stuff in the Boston area and any of the representatives of the company that show up at bike related events around town are always genuine and nice and just seemed psyched people like biking whether or not you can afford a seven. If I ever had money for a custom that would be enough to put them on my list.

rnhood
04-14-2014, 09:01 AM
They certainly make a nice bicycle. Seven and IF both.

bobswire
04-14-2014, 09:18 AM
It's EASY to post a link. :banana:
http://www.sevencycles.com/blog/2014/04/11/photo-friday-evergreen-sl-in-new-zealand/

BTW I really really like that frame.

jpw
04-14-2014, 09:47 AM
is the Evergreen exclusively disc braking?

rwsaunders
04-14-2014, 09:48 AM
For those that might not know him, the Jerk, formerly of IBC, recently went to work as a rep for Seven as well.

tiretrax
04-14-2014, 11:22 AM
I have no affiliation either, but I have to say they seem to sponsor lots of bike related stuff in the Boston area and any of the representatives of the company that show up at bike related events around town are always genuine and nice and just seemed psyched people like biking whether or not you can afford a seven. If I ever had money for a custom that would be enough to put them on my list.

Seven is a great company to work with. They make beautiful bikes that ride fabulously. I was the second owner of a Mudhoney, and they treated me the same as I were the original owner. I was inqquiring about another second hand bike, and they were gracious and provided lots of information. When I am ready to buy a custom bike, they will get my business.

jpw
04-14-2014, 11:33 AM
For those that might not know him, the Jerk, formerly of IBC, recently went to work as a rep for Seven as well.

oh yes, the Jerk. i'd wondered what had become of him. it's been quite some time (years?) since i last saw him on here.

SoCalSteve
04-14-2014, 11:54 AM

What happened to Craig's own bike company? If it's still in existence, isn't that a huge conflict of interest?

Just askin'

Steve

mtb_frk
04-14-2014, 12:11 PM
There is a pretty long thread on the evergreen here on the forum. They look really nice. I got a price on a steel frame a while back, but haven't taken the plunge.

bobswire
04-14-2014, 12:23 PM
There is a pretty long thread on the evergreen here on the forum. They look really nice. I got a price on a steel frame a while back, but haven't taken the plunge.
Links are our friends.
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=140640&highlight=evergreen

RGW
04-14-2014, 12:25 PM
I've been looking at what could possibly be my next do-it-all bike, and the Evergreen seems to fit the bill nicely. I really like this bike ALOT! debating between the Titanium-S or the steel, though leaning towards the Ti for it better all weather properties.

mtb_frk
04-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Yeah I am lazy.

I also contacted Honey about the all roads but they apparently are not checking their email.

EDS
04-14-2014, 12:47 PM
is the Evergreen exclusively disc braking?

No.

cfox
04-14-2014, 12:48 PM
What happened to Craig's own bike company? If it's still in existence, isn't that a huge conflict of interest?

Just askin'

Steve

Gaulzetti is still around, and apparently Rob V. is fine with it. Gaulzettis are a niche within a niche and not really a threat to Seven's business.

raygunner
04-14-2014, 01:47 PM
Are Gaulzettis on par with Ritte frames where they simply paint frames from the pacific rim?

raygunner
04-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Are Gaulzettis on par with Ritte frames where they simply paint frames made overseas?

rwsaunders
04-14-2014, 02:13 PM

Just askin'

Steve

Posted on VSalon a few days ago to explain the move and the relationship to keeping his own brand in operation.

http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/you-know-two-things-i-have-never-had-36803.html

christian
04-14-2014, 02:13 PM
No, they're made in Medford, MA.

DRZRM
04-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Are Gaulzettis on par with Ritte frames where they simply paint frames made overseas?

The short answer is no. As far as I knew, in recent years they were made to order (sometimes custom) in their Medford, MA facilities, as their website (http://www.gaulzetticicli.com/production/) still says.

"Production Process
All Gaulzetti bicycles are made to order at our facility in Medford, Massachusetts. Each build is treated as a custom process, with a focus on consistency and quality control. We have a dedicated staff of designers, machinists and fabricators with diverse and extensive experience in all aspects of bicycle fabrication and metalworking."

but their homepage (http://www.gaulzetticicli.com/) now says

"The design elements of each Gaulzetti bicycle are based on traditional Italian racing geometry, updated for modern materials and infused with our experience riding and racing in the variable, often miserable conditions in Continental Europe and New England. Our bicycles are made by hand in New York State and are designed to excel in all potential conditions, especially on technical race courses where constant cornering and rapid changes in tempo are the norm."

so I'm not sure where their frames are being made, but regardless of New York or MA, not rebadged overseas frames.

BTW, the Jerk left with the first wave of folks for the V-Salon, and like E-Richie he stops back from time to time, but pretty rarely (just once in 2013, and a handful of posts in 2012). I'm sure there is lots of info on Gaulzetti over there. I've never ridden one, but the folks who ride them seem to be big fans. I doubt there is too much overlap between them and Evergreen, though Craig posted about a disc brake version of their road race machine.