PDA

View Full Version : Heras gets two years.

Elefantino
02-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Well deserved. And sad.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/feb06/feb09news2

Headwinds
02-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Well deserved. And sad.

Let's just hope that Mr. Heras is not going to get like good ol' Tyler and starts to dispute the issue....

Man, these Pro bike racers never cease to amaze me... I predict a few more big guns will get busted this year.

JohnS
02-09-2006, 05:50 AM
He's guilty. He's not American and he doesn't like Golden Retrievers! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Skrawny
02-09-2006, 01:18 PM
I wonder what Roberto's vanished twin thinks about all of this...

72gmc
02-09-2006, 01:28 PM
I wish this hadn't happened, but it's his choice, and his life. It's not raining today and I'll have a Guinness after my ride home, so there's no time to be sorry for Roberto.

Fixed
02-09-2006, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=Headwinds]Let's just hope that Mr. Heras is not going to get like good ol' Tyler and starts to dispute the issue....
bro he is .cheers :beer:

Sandy
02-09-2006, 05:00 PM
He's guilty. He's not American and he doesn't like Golden Retrievers! :banana: :banana: :banana:

He doesn't like Golden Retrievers????? FRY HIM!!!!

Retrieving a Duck,

Bow Wow Sandy

William
02-10-2006, 04:47 AM
He doesn't like Golden Retrievers????? FRY HIM!!!!

Retrieving a Duck,

Bow Wow Sandy

I've heard he's into Whippets.

BaaWoo William

gone
02-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Man, these Pro bike racers never cease to amaze me... I predict a few more big guns will get busted this year.

Sadly, I agree. The pressures are too great. The fact is that the guy in 1st place and the guy in 100th place in a race are both suffering like dogs. It's just that the guy in 1st makes more money :)

It has finally gotten to a point with two year suspensions plus an additional two year ban from the pro tour that the risk/reward equation is a little more on the risk side. It used to be you'd dabble with a substance, get some results, get a huge pay raise and then if you got caught you'd get a 6 month ban or less.

On to genetic doping!

Greg

christian
02-10-2006, 09:38 AM
On to genetic doping!

On? It's here, baby. It's here.

- Christian

gone
02-10-2006, 01:11 PM
On? It's here, baby. It's here.

- Christian

Yep, you're probably right. "Natural" hematocrit levels in the upper 50's/60's are only a matter of time. Makes me wonder about the current crop of racers (Cunego is one I can think of offhand) who have exemptions for exceeding the UCI's 50% level "naturally".

Greg

andy mac
02-10-2006, 01:22 PM
8 cross country skiers from multiple countries including the USA have just been id'd at the Winter Olympics with high crit levels...

JohnS
02-10-2006, 03:12 PM
We've entered the "live hard, die young" age of athletes. I have no sympathy for them, either. Take all the drugs you want. Mess up your bodies. Have heart atacks. Go psycho. I don't care! :crap:

andy mac
02-10-2006, 08:07 PM
12 skiers and counting... from the NY Times:

A total of 12 cross-country skiers, including two Americans, have now been suspended in the past two days for excessive hemoglobin levels. Hemoglobin is part of a red blood cell that carries oxygen from the lungs to all cells, and athletes have used it to increase the oxygen in muscles.
The International Ski Federation, which announced the suspensions of the nine men and three women in cross country, was careful to characterize the action as precautionary to protect the skiers' health. Dehydration can cause elevated levels of hemoglobin. So too can blood transfusions, which increase oxygen to muscles and are prohibited under world anti-doping rules.