PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Lance Armstrong Article

spiderlake
02-08-2006, 06:00 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184281,00.html

A fairly concise rant from Mike Straka. Even being a fan of LA, I found this funny in a sad, sardonic way......

MartyE
02-08-2006, 07:01 PM
except for one fact:
the ex Mrs Armstrong was never there when Lance
went through chemo, he didn't meet her until afterwards.
Not defending what he did (who the hell am I to judge?)
but at least get it right.

marty

spiderlake
02-08-2006, 07:11 PM
good point..... I missed that....

jeffg
02-08-2006, 07:27 PM
except for one fact:
the ex Mrs Armstrong was never there when Lance
went through chemo, he didn't meet her until afterwards.
Not defending what he did (who the hell am I to judge?)
but at least get it right.

marty

and that piece is a yawn. The Daily Show lampooning Lance was clever.

To paraphrase Lessing, "nobody will deny that Mike Straka is funny ... We'll I am that nobody! I flat-out deny it."

Who really need to get a life are the morons at Fox News, but that's another (likely-for-this-forum-inapropriate) topic. I mean, this from the network that puts on geraldo and allows him to re-enact pathetic rescues for ratings :no: :butt:

Grant McLean
02-08-2006, 08:46 PM
My Pop's likes to say,
"don't confuse me with the facts, my mind's made up"

-g

spiderlake
02-08-2006, 08:54 PM
To be honest, I have never heard of Mike Straka and had to google him to see what all the hubub was about...... I simply posted the article because it was LA-related and the guy seemed to make some good points about how we treat celebrities. My post wasn't meant to cause political dissent, counter-opinion or a groundswell of emotion one way or another. Back to your regular programming! :beer:

Litespeeder
02-08-2006, 09:34 PM
I remember reading some article a few years back that strongly implied that it was the ex Mrs Armstrong who actually dumped LA. According to this article, the ex insinuated that LA wasn't much of a father or a husband. Apparently, LA hasn’t had much success with making friends or girlfriends throughout his life; and former acquaintances have intimated that he doesn’t have much of a personality.

His behavior in public hasn’t helped his image. I still remember when he went to see Bush at his ranch last year when a mother who had lost her son in Iraq was trying to get an audience with Bush. Not the smartest thing to do and it showed his callousness and lack of wit. Just my opinion but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Sheryl who dumped him.

:bike:

Fixed
02-08-2006, 09:45 PM
bro to her he is a washed up ex bike racer that is not in the limelight anymore and she doesn't need his money. I feel sorry for him he was used and chewed up by a pro but he fell in love with her. sad times for mr. l.a.
cheers :beer:

fiamme red
02-08-2006, 09:50 PM
bro to her he is a washed up ex bike racer that is not in the limelight anymore and she doesn't need his money. I feel sorry for him he was used and chewed up by a pro but he fell in love with her. sad times for mr. l.a.
cheers :beer:I hope you don't lose too much sleep over this. Have a :beer: and :) again. LANCE will get through this somehow, poor, poor guy!

Sandy
02-08-2006, 11:18 PM
It is interesting how much attention is given to Lance Armstrong's personal life. I understand that he is a celebrity, but it still is his personal life. I tend to leave such alone. But, that is just me.

Sandy

andy mac
02-08-2006, 11:33 PM
It is interesting how much attention is given to Lance Armstrong's personal life. I understand that he is a celebrity, but it still is his personal life. I tend to leave such alone. But, that is just me.

Sandy

hey, they chased publicity gushing about each other to any and every tv show and journalist that would have them or listen. oprah, leno, letterman, snl etc. etc. etc.

hopefully they'll learn. or not... :argue: :rolleyes:

Sandy
02-08-2006, 11:41 PM
hey, they chased publicity gushing about each other to any and every tv show and journalist that would have them or listen. oprah, leno, letterman, snl etc. etc. etc.

hopefully they'll learn. or not... :argue: :rolleyes:

You make an excellent point.

Sandy

93legendti
02-08-2006, 11:44 PM

Sandy
You tell 'em.

Why is LA's life so important to people here? Is there really an expectation that he (or anyone else) be perfect? It seems some people here take pleasure in his "misery". Any of the minutia gleefully magnified into mountains here could equally (or worse) be said about Forum darlings such as Ulrich, VDB, Riis, etc. but isn't.... how odd.

Everytime I watch a bike race on OLN I am thankful that LA brought bike racing in the USA into (almost) the mainstream. Anyone remember, pre LA winning the TdF, how ESPN used to condense a TdF stage into 1/2 hour--and during the broadcast the ticker at the bottom would announce the winner of that stage?

andy mac
02-09-2006, 12:26 AM
You make an excellent point.

Sandy

hey, first time for everything!

:beer:

andy.