PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the new guy

klassikbike
04-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Hello everyone

My name is Paul and i'm from Germany, I stumbled accross this forum because Im starting to get really hooked on classic bicycles especially road and touring and also because I am looking to buy a nice Steel (Chromo?) frame and build it up from there.
Other hobbies of mine are fishing and collecting all kinds of stuff.
A few months ago I started working for a company which produces bicycle parts and there I work in the new product planning department.

At the moment Im doing some reseach on the current trend towards retro and classic bicycles, on this subject I also created a survey a few days ago which focusses on who the actual consumer for this is, what he wants and if it would be of interest for our company to create bikeparts in this categories.

Now one question to the moderators or to the websites owner, would it be ok to post the link to this survey on this site?
Of course I can send you more information regarding this survey, just leave me a message or post on this thread.

Cheers,

Paul

ceolwulf
04-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Welcome! itsa good place here :cool:

alessandro
04-09-2014, 09:25 PM
what he wants

Bitte:

A frame.
Made of metal.
Not haesslich.
Available in more than 5 sizes.
<1000 Euro.
And it has to be laterally stiff and vertically compliant.

Welcome Paul.:beer:

oliver1850
04-10-2014, 12:43 AM
You are in the right place for collecting "all kinds of stuff".

majorpat
04-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Welcome aboard, been here for a long time and think it is the best source of good info and interesting stuff going. I get to Germany (Ramstein) once a year or so.
Pat

klassikbike
04-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

We don't do frames sorry only complete bikeparts groupsets, wheels and some other stuff.

Paul

rwsaunders
04-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the lunatic fringe for sure. Lots of great folks here with the common bond of bikes, beer, coffee, cars and music, not necessarily in that order. Lay low and avoid discussing the subjects of tubulars, stems, helmets and Rapha. Feel welcome to bash Lance, SRAM and cantilever brakes. :cool:

rustychisel
04-10-2014, 10:02 PM
How many bike forums worldwide did you post this message to?

klassikbike
04-11-2014, 01:47 AM
SRAM:butt:, never liked that brand.
Ive so far posted it to 15 forums that either specialize or at least have a section about retro and classic bicycles, but some of these forums are very very small. So far 127 people have filled out the survey (in 5 days).
bikes, beer, coffee, cars and music Add the ladies and you have pretty much everything I like.

Paul

klassikbike
04-22-2014, 08:46 PM
So any moderator that could answer my question?
The survey is going great and 230 people filled it out so far.
But of course I would like to get some more:p.

Paul

AngryScientist
04-23-2014, 05:40 AM
hey there!

welcome to the forum. moderator here, i'll PM you about the request, thanks for your interest.

Kirk Pacenti
04-23-2014, 06:57 AM
willkomen!