PDA

View Full Version : fizik stem anyone?

vqdriver
04-07-2014, 01:28 PM
they've been out for a bit now, but i don't see a lot of threads gushing about them like when fizik released the cyrano seatpost. has anyone tried one yet? feedback?

i recall when the posts came out, people really want to like them but there were some creaking issues.

sandyrs
04-07-2014, 02:01 PM
A stem isn't really the sort of component that seems to garner a whole lot of gushing. I'm sure the Fizik ones work fine, just like 90% of the other stems on the market. Once you've decided on a length, clamp size and angle, most stem choice is just aesthetics and making sure it doesn't totally suck.

**Pro sprinters excepted from the above**

tv_vt
04-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Seems like the only time stems get noticed is when they fail. Otherwise you just forget about them.

But - availability of sizes and finish can get them noticed, like when they come in both silver and black, 0 degrees and 84 degrees, and if they come in both 26 and 31.8 bar sizes.

Joachim
04-07-2014, 02:39 PM
I have one, but waiting on a new project to install it.

vqdriver
04-07-2014, 03:31 PM
yes, i suppose the only time you'd notice a stem is if there's something wrong with it. so i'll take the no news as good news.

i have a mixed cockpit now, and am daydreaming about an upcoming build so just entertaining options.

gavingould
04-08-2014, 03:10 AM
I have one on the new bike, nothing of note beyond torx head bolts.