PDA

View Full Version : sertta race team

soulspinner
03-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Are those legend compacts those guys are racing on? How come no Ottrts like the masters? Is it a weight issue due to lots of climbing in their races or preference of the riders?

soulspinner
03-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Sorry, looks like my keyboard has omitted some o`s in critical places...

BumbleBeeDave
03-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Each rider will get a Legend (I think), but for right now they just have the CDA's--their "training" bikes. At least, that's what I remember reading here.

BBDave

BigMac
03-11-2004, 11:56 AM
What "Serotta Race Team" are you referring to? I only know of the USPS Master's and the new agreement with Sierra Nevada Racing, is there a factory race team now as well?

The Master's are using Ottrott's as I recall, mostly with the ST rear end from what I witnessed last season. The Sierra Nevada team is racing on Legend ST's...or at least that is what they raced on 2 weeks ago at Merced. They added a few former Saturn riders this season, including Trent Klasna who appeared in great form aboard his Legend ST. Unfortunately, they're compact geo versions which somehow looks out of place on a Serotta. A less historically distinguished builder (Giant, Specialized, Seven, etc) is less disturbing but somehow a racing Serotta should have a parallel TT. Same could be said for Merckx, DeRosa, Cinelli, Spectrum and Pinarello...I guess I'm too damn old and conservative for today's marketing whiz kids.

If there is a factory racing team, does anybody have info, race schedule, roster, etc. I could not find them registered by UCI. Funding, supporting and staffing a factory team would be a great development but one of considerable cost and risk. Great to see Serotta's continued support of racing.

Ride on!

BumbleBeeDave
03-11-2004, 11:59 AM
. . . he was talking about the Sierra Nevada team, hence my answer.

BBD

Kevan
03-11-2004, 12:19 PM
among the pages is the Posties jersey with Serotta spelled out clear as can be.

Keith A
03-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Actually they have both jerseys, although the Sierra Nevada one isn't their current '04 jersey.

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/images/products/full/cstxrd1f03.jpg

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/images/products/full/hncxrd1c04.jpg

JohnS
03-11-2004, 12:37 PM
What do you mean you dropped an "o"? I thought you added a "t". I'm on the Serta Race Team. I'm fastest to fall asleep! :)

Kevan
03-11-2004, 12:59 PM
with Sandy as coach.

Bill Bove
03-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Damn:mad: it says that filthy "S" word on those otherwise great looking Postal Old Farts jerseys

Kevin
03-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Bill,

I had the same problem. If not for the dreaded "S" word I would have ordered the jersey. Long live Campy.

Kevin

Keith A
03-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Bill Bove
Damn:mad: it says that filthy "S" word on those otherwise great looking Postal Old Farts jerseys

You mean Serotta? :D

Bill Bove
03-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Kevin's got it.

Kevin, one more use for duct tape, what ever happened to chunk666 from the old forum?

Kevin
03-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Bill,

I thought that covering the S word was the only use for duct tape. I did not realize it could be used for other things.

Kevin

shinomaster
03-14-2004, 12:46 PM
we raced our mattresses all over the globe.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: