PDA

View Full Version : Lake CX300 Road Shoes?

oldguy00
04-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Anyone have any experience with these? Saw them on Chainlove the other day. Would cost me just shy of 200 to get them to Canada. They look pretty nice, I like the straps vs dials, etc., carbon soles.
Thx!

Anarchist
04-03-2014, 11:21 AM
I have been wearing them for years.

Very comfortable, nice solid well padded heel cup.

The BOA adjustment with the two possible zones for micro tightening works well too.

I wear a 46 in these, as in LG, Sidi, etc.

I like them, will probably replace with the new CX331 late this year - I figure mine will get me through this year at least.

I don't know where you are in Canada but if you are at the Centre of the Universe I believe tha the NA distributor is still the same folks that operate Blacksmith, 1101 Queen W.

bobswire
04-03-2014, 11:22 AM
I have used Lakes in wide size and found them to be some of the most comfortable shoes I owned but I have not tried CX330.
Nashbar has a good sale on the shoes I owned in both road and mountain versions. Lake MX226 and CX226 http://www.nashbar.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=lake+cx226&catalogId=10052&cn1=&langId=-1&gast=lake+cx226&storeId=10053&URL=CatalogSearchResultView&ddkey=http:PBSearchTermAssociationsCmd

With coupon and free shipping $97.00 If you need wide shoes they are great with nice stiff soles for road or nice semi stiff with plenty of rubber for mountain.

DRZRM
04-03-2014, 04:03 PM
I ride the CX 401 on road, and love them, I had them heated and the fit is perfect for me. On the other hand, I have just given up on the Lake MX 236 MTB shoe. I like the boa lacing when the wheel is on top of the foot, but when it is behind the heel, there is too much friction for me to get it tight enought to keep my heel down (and sometimes its hard to get off with cold fingers). I just picked up some Shimano M-315 MTB shoes which seem to fit well enough, I'll have to see. For what it is worth, I size down in Lakes one size from Sidi and Shimano (47 Lake, 48 Sidi and Shimano).

I'm certain I'll get a pair of the orange and black Lake MX331 cross shoes when I see them on sale.

oldguy00
05-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Well, I ordered the CX300's from Chainlove, received them today.
The carbon sole is very nice, seems high quality, but that was about it.
The upper, while appearing to be well ventilated, is not designed very well.

1. The tongue is flimsy/stretchy, and it is only attached to the shoe at its base! So it doesn't stay straight at all, and bunches when you secure the straps.

and

2. They make the top strap too long, and it is not designed to be cut like some other brands do. I have wide feet, and when the top strap is done up, there is a good inch of it hanging/sticking out off the side of the shoe, looks stupid.

I've tried on the 401's, and they are much better designed, but of course $$.
Returning these to Chainlove....

BTW, a lot of different Lake shoes out there, this is the exact shoe I am talking about:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/lake-cx300-superlight-road-shoe-mens

The pic they show makes the top strap look nice and short, but it isn't.