PDA

View Full Version : Front derailleur alignment issue (built in clamp)

thegunner
03-30-2014, 05:17 PM
recently added a scott addict r1 back to the stable which has a clamp built into the frame. for the life of me i can't get my FD to sit straight when tightened, always seems to want to point... outward.

anyone run into this kind of situation before? any suggestions?

is it a terrible idea simply to sand off the built in clamp and to use a regular clamp-on adapter?

ARL002
03-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Picture?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ultraman6970
03-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Maybe the FD tab is bent??

What if you set the FD really high or really low? it stays in position?

The tab has rivets or screws?

The problem with going plan B is that if you get rid off of the tab the clamp might not fit, dont remember those scotts have a rounded seat tube to start with, I believe is kind'a oval. Second thing, no idea if the seat tube was designed to take a clamp. if not you risk a crack in the seat tube/fd area.

thegunner
03-30-2014, 05:52 PM
i'll upload pics when i get a sec

Maybe the FD tab is bent??

What if you set the FD really high or really low? it stays in position?

The tab has rivets or screws?

The problem with going plan B is that if you get rid off of the tab the clamp might not fit, dont remember those scotts have a rounded seat tube to start with, I believe is kind'a oval. Second thing, no idea if the seat tube was designed to take a clamp. if not you risk a crack in the seat tube/fd area.

i think the FD tab is bent, the tab is entirely molded on. i think i might just take it to a scott dealer and see what they have to say.