PDA

View Full Version : c-extreme

jerk
02-06-2006, 05:54 PM
the jerk guesses its stiff enough and not just for climb(ers) anymore. get in line kids.

jerk

Grant McLean
02-06-2006, 05:57 PM
What's up with the WB on the seat tube,
Doesn't the extreme-C have only 1 on the DT?

-g

jerk
02-06-2006, 06:02 PM
not anymore. only the pre-production prototypes were that mp. the new ones all have provsions for two bottles for all the thisty lads on their way up the galibier; or in ale jet's case , the poggio.

jerk

Climb01742
02-06-2006, 06:07 PM
the polka dot paint scheme is sweeter, IMC(limbers)O. ;)

Grant McLean
02-06-2006, 06:19 PM
not anymore. only the pre-production prototypes were that mp. the new ones all have provsions for two bottles for all the thisty lads on their way up the galibier; or in ale jet's case , the poggio.

jerk

More than "pre-production prototypes" were built with only one set of bottle mounts. If they made that change, I think that's a wise move. It certainly
got crossed off my list when it had 1 set.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=PHOTO_GALLERY&BRAND.ID=10

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=PRODUCT&PRODUCT.ID=1849

One of Colnago's largest dealers in the USA still thinks they have 1 set,
and the first one they sold has only 1 bottle mount.

-g

Climb01742
02-06-2006, 06:25 PM
an extreme c sitting in front of me has two bottle mounts. math ain't my strong suit but one, two i can handle. :D

Grant McLean
02-06-2006, 06:36 PM
an extreme c sitting in front of me has two bottle mounts. math ain't my strong suit but one, two i can handle. :D

Jerk said "only pre-production" had 1 set.
There are examples of production frames with only 1 set.
That doesn't mean they all do. In fact 99.9999% may have
two sets, but that dude from competitive cyclist threw down
his cash, and he got only 1 set.

g

Hysbrian
02-06-2006, 06:40 PM
yo- I'm feeling the Milram kit

jerk
02-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Jerk said "only pre-production" had 1 set.
There are examples of production frames with only 1 set.
That doesn't mean they all do. In fact 99.9999% may have
two sets, but that dude from competitive cyclist threw down
his cash, and he got only 1 set.

g

the ones with only one cage were only the first few made. brendan probably got one of the first ones and hasn't updated his copy yet. be nice! he's a busy (and good) guy.

jerk

Grant McLean
02-06-2006, 06:51 PM
the ones with only one cage were only the first few made. brendan probably got one of the first ones and hasn't updated his copy yet. be nice! he's a busy (and good) guy.

jerk

that's cool.
B-man is da man. awesome site too.
I have only ever seen frames with 1 set,
it was (good) news to me.

-g

pale scotsman
02-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Didn't the first batch have 1" headtubes too? It's a bad bike but the 2 bill weight limit kills it for moi.

jerk
02-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Didn't the first batch have 1" headtubes too? It's a bad bike but the 2 bill weight limit kills it for moi.

pale-

the weight limit is to keep the likes of magnus backstedt off the the thing, if ale jet isn't overpowering it the jerk doubts anyone even the big boys on this forum are going to be able to.

jerk

ergott
02-06-2006, 07:49 PM
the jerk guesses its stiff enough and not just for climb(ers) anymore. get in line kids.

jerk

My new favorite pro bike. Anyone want to loan/give me some money? I'll take mine with Record please.

cs124
02-06-2006, 07:49 PM
i'm shocked :rolleyes: that ale isn't riding the cristallo

Climb01742
02-06-2006, 07:51 PM
if ale jet uses it for milan-sanremo, wouldn't it be a +/- situation? a + for getting up the poggio, but a - if it comes down to sprint at the end?

Grant McLean
02-06-2006, 07:53 PM
I think colnago is pretty conserative,
and not that likely to sell something that's
"not ready for prime time"

The newest generation of carbon bikes like
Pin Paris Carbon, Cervelo R3, Scott,
Specialized Tarmac SL
are all in the same range... 900-1,000 grams
just like the 'nago. Most of these bikes
are pretty darn stiff, and don't have weight
restrictions. Your milage may vary.

-g

Moosedryvr
02-06-2006, 07:55 PM
I too thought the Cristallo was the "new and approved" Jet-bike!? As for the Milram kit...more blue...just what the peloton needed.

SPG

jerk
02-06-2006, 07:55 PM
the cristallo is the cheap one. you won't catch those guys riding it to the gay bar.

(plus it's monocoque construction limits its ability to be made to measure. the jerk thinks that the c-extreme is plenty stiff enough. he's played with enough of them and can't really detect any loss of torsional rigidity compared to the c50...something tells the jerk that marketing the thing a pure and only for, climbing bike was a marketing decision so as not to eat into c50 sales....

anyway, the jerk has three wonderful bikes incoming and there isn't room for a c-extreme :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Climb01742
02-06-2006, 08:06 PM
anyway, the jerk has three wonderful bikes incoming and there isn't room for a c-extreme :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

what's the third, after dogma and dbrk's creation? something from dario?

Jack Brunk
02-06-2006, 08:07 PM
I just received the Extreme C from Brenden/Andy at Comp Cyclist. I have put just about 200 miles in the last two weeks since I had a 6/4 Ti screw put in my big toe on Jan 11th. I love the ride so far. It climbs smooth, sprints fast and is plenty stiff where you need it. It handles like a dream and weighs with pedals and one bottle holder at 14.25lbs. I throw one water bottle in my middle back pocket and I don't really notice it's there. Overall it is a great ride A+

Jack

jerk
02-06-2006, 08:28 PM
what's the third, after dogma and dbrk's creation? something from dario?

nope, although that's a good guess. there are already three pegorettis in the household. the third bike, (well actually it's the first or the second sort of like roy munson) is a bike that should be red but won't be.

any guesses?

jerk

Moosedryvr
02-06-2006, 08:54 PM
jerk,
How long've you been on the list? What color are you going with?

BTW, I think I read somewhere that you have a set of PMP cranks on one of your bikes. Where did you get them from and do you like 'em? I'm looking for something different in a 110 BCD. Any thoughts?

Thx,
SPG

yeehawfactor
02-06-2006, 08:58 PM
nope, although that's a good guess. there are already three pegorettis in the household. the third bike, (well actually it's the first or the second sort of like roy munson) is a bike that should be red but won't be.

any guesses?

jerk
does his name start with an e- by any chance?

jerk
02-06-2006, 08:59 PM
jerk,
How long've you been on the list? What color are you going with?

BTW, I think I read somewhere that you have a set of PMP cranks on one of your bikes. Where did you get them from and do you like 'em? I'm looking for something different in a 110 BCD. Any thoughts?

Thx,
SPG

dude,

the jerk isn't allowed to post that website here...its like a conflict of interest because roy munson's brother like, knows the guy who imports them and stuff and all of us are on the same team.

list? what list? the jerk just ordered his frame yesterday. he should have it by the weekend with that three day express saver shipping deal fed-ex offers.

color? well...it's got to match the ada wheels that are going on it yo...so think kevlar and black....which is sort of like a weird yelloow and black.

jerk

Grant McLean
02-06-2006, 09:01 PM
dude,
list? what list? the jerk just ordered his frame yesterday. jerk

Jam master J,

u stealing my material?

-g

jerk
02-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Jam master J,

u stealing my material?

-g

its called appropriation dude. its cool.

j

Grant McLean
02-06-2006, 09:09 PM
its called appropriation dude. its cool.

j

oh, like an homage*...

-g

*that's french for homage

e-RICHIE
02-06-2006, 09:47 PM
oh, like an homage*...

-g

*that's french for homage

you guys both did my entire set.

divve
02-06-2006, 09:56 PM

jerk

It could easily be custom and weigh 200g more than a consumer version.

Johny
02-06-2006, 10:08 PM
I just received the Extreme C from Brenden/Andy at Comp Cyclist. I have put just about 200 miles in the last two weeks since I had a 6/4 Ti screw put in my big toe on Jan 11th. I love the ride so far. It climbs smooth, sprints fast and is plenty stiff where you need it. It handles like a dream and weighs with pedals and one bottle holder at 14.25lbs. I throw one water bottle in my middle back pocket and I don't really notice it's there. Overall it is a great ride A+

Jack
http://images.competitivecyclist.com/dyn_docs/9908-extremec_zoom.jpg

Kahuna
02-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Hmm... jerk's gotta go fast. Soloist Carbon?

any guesses?

jerk

manet
02-06-2006, 10:28 PM
jeese _ even manet knows this riddle

slowgoing
02-06-2006, 11:36 PM

Jack

Jack, if you had to pick just one between the Extreme C and the Moots SL, which would it be?

And what's up with the toe? Don't they say just let 'em heal on their own? I broke them plenty of times doing martial arts and they always healed up fine.

jeffg
02-07-2006, 03:16 AM
Hmm... jerk's gotta go fast. Soloist Carbon?

steel fork, mojo like Connery!

Jack Brunk
02-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Slow,

I broke it while doing an ultra trail marathon and a 6mm piece of bone was lodged in the first joint. It hurt pretty bad at the time. Right know I'am able to walk okay and I'am able to log some good base miles. You ask a tough question about the Moots SL vs the extreme C. I like both alot and will use them in different venues. The moots hands down is my double century bike. It does everything well and is easy to ride on 12 plus hour rides. The extreme will be used for shorter tough climbing rides where I will be pointing upward most of the ride. Take care.

Jack

bluesea
02-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Its the frame with grosse gestalt. I think it should be white not red.