PDA

View Full Version : Charity jersey update

Bruce K
02-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Colors and artwork were e-mailed to Hincapie today.

I hope that we will be all set for them to produce artwork before the end of this week.

Logos for PMC, Jimmy Fund, Davis Phinney Foundation, and MS Bike Tours will be incorporated on the back. Our own Banana Guy (courtesy of William) will be on each sleeve. Serotta logos everywhere.

I have inquired as to whether, since this is for charity rides, we could get the shop jersey pricing, but they are not sure they can do that for us.

More as it happens.

BK

spiderlake
02-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing the final result.

Darrin

BumbleBeeDave
02-06-2006, 02:21 PM
What about the JROTC logos I'm sure Jesse was agitating for? ;)

BBD

Bruce K
02-06-2006, 02:39 PM
I think we could put EGA's on the collar. :D

What do you think Dave T.? ;)

Hoorah! :banana:

BK

dave thompson
02-06-2006, 02:47 PM
I think we could put EGA's on the collar. :D

What do you think Dave T.? ;)

Hoorah! :banana:

BK
Absolutely! One on each side of the zipper stop. My son could wear it when he's back in Iraq. :D

kestrel
02-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks Bruce, the money's burning a hole in my pocket!!! :banana:

Bruce K
02-07-2006, 09:18 AM
OK.

Here's today's update.

Drew at Hincapie says we should have artwork before the weekend. I will post it when I get it.

We MAY qualify for their shop jersey program, but we need to have 30 pieces (which we have right now if everyone stays in). This will drop the price.

Since we won't know until I get all the orders, what do we do? I need to collect money as if we won't make the quantity. If we make it, I will have to refund money, or I can ask for the smaller amount and then people will have to send a second payment to get their jersey if we miss.

The third option would be to pay as if we are going to miss and if we get the numbers, donate the difference split eaullly beyween the PMC, DPF, and MS Society.

I am trying to keep this simple so..... ideas, please?

BK

92degrees
02-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Take deposits (?)

H.Frank Beshear
02-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Tell us the price. We'll send money, you send the jersey and divie up the remainder amongst the charities. Um.. that would option 3. Sounds fair Bruce, I don't want to see you get stuck for something, and the price difference cant be that much besides it for a good cause. My 2 cents Frank

Argos
02-07-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm all for the standard price, and if it gets lowered, donateing to DPF.

I think that since this is a Serotta Forum group donation, that would be the logical charity, but that's just my vote. G-d forbid I spend someone elses hard earned surplus without their say-so.

dirtdigger88
02-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Bruce- you're doing the leg work on this make it easy on yourself- just collect the higher $$ amount from everyone- donate the rest- dont try to collect money twice- you'll drive yourself nuts

you will get 1000 ideas on where to donate- just pick one- DPF sounds great to me- and go with it

thanks for all you are doing

Jason

CT Rider
02-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Take Option #3. I'm speaking from experince...I moderate/run a Forum for a high-end guitar manufacturer and have been the route you are going. The only way I found it to work was make the worst case assumption, collect the money in advance, and donate any surplus to the costs of running the Forum or a charity. Bruce, make your life a lot less complicated and do option #3, we all appreciate what you are doing, it does consume a surprising amount of personal time. I'm ready to send the payment as soon as you name the price and where to send payment.

spiderlake
02-07-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm cool with sending a higher amount and the rest being donated. I have donated to DPF in the past and have a personal affinity for their work but I'm cool with any donations to any charity. : )

jckid
02-07-2006, 10:11 AM
I also say go with option #3 and donate to DPF if anything is left.

Ginger
02-07-2006, 10:17 AM
From experience Bruce: #3.
Set the price with shipping, collect it, order the jerseys, donate the remainder after you get the jerseys (don't ask me how I know, just make sure you wait until all your bills are in before you ship money out).

Phil Selisker
02-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Option 3 - Donate To DPF
Thanks For All Your Effort!

quattro
02-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Bruce, if you order the minimum necessary for the lower price and they are not all spoken for, you could auction the extras off on the site and any profit over the cost go to the charity you choose. I don't think you would have any problem selling any additional jerseys, in fact I think ordering a few extras and auctioning them to rasie money for the PMC would be a good idea, just my 2 cents. What ever you decide make it the easiest thing for YOU, we all appreciate your efforts to this point, if I have to pay a few extra dollars that is fine with me.

quattro

Ozz
02-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Whatever is easiest for you....give me a number, I will send you the money.

I do think the idea of donating any extra to one of the charities is a good idea.

Bruce K
02-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks gang, we will go with Option 3.

I'll let everyone know what happens.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
02-07-2006, 11:38 AM
. . . "Option 3" was collect the higher amount and donate any surplus to my cross bike project, right? ;)

BBD

CT Rider
02-07-2006, 11:47 AM
. . . "Option 3" was collect the higher amount and donate any surplus to my cross bike project, right?

Dave,

You have it backwards....Option 3 is to collect the money from the sale of your cross bike project and donate it to charity! :)

Bruce K
02-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Works for me CT!! ;)

:banana: :banana: :banana:

BK

kestrel
02-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Whatever you decide is fine Bruce, just let us know where to send the check.

john

Tailwinds
02-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Option 3 -- I'm ready to send a check when you're ready. Thanks again.

William
02-08-2006, 04:53 AM
Thanks Bruce. What ever you decide. I'm just happy that this project involves worthy charities, AND has the Banana logo!

Very cool. :cool:

William

MartyE
02-08-2006, 02:41 PM
where do I send the money.
Any chance of setting up a paypal account for this?
(hate to be difficult but, well, I am difficult).

marty

Ginger
02-08-2006, 03:34 PM
You missed the Bruce K post that said he wasn't setting up a paypal account just for this adventure. :)

MartyE
02-08-2006, 03:41 PM
oh well, never said reading comprehension was my forte.

marty

RABikes2
02-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Thanks for all your hard work, Bruce. Option #3 sounds great.
My vote is for the DPF for left over $; need you ask. ;)
RA