PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Farrar - Spoiler

jpw
03-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Are my eyes deceiving me, or did Farrar just win a sprint?!

echelon_john
03-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Your eyes are deceiving you.

Tyler Poulidor—the eternal 2nd...

chengher87
03-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Haha, yeah. He did win a sprint, but it was for second place.

cfox
03-26-2014, 09:34 AM
So last week we had a spoiler warning about a guy who threw his bike and now we have a spoiler warning with a guy who didn't win! For the record, I don't care, I just think it's kind of funny.

FWIW a spoiler thread shouldn't really have a specific rider's name in the title, race name is what you want.

MattTuck
03-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Great win for Terpstra. Winning this race twice in 3 years. Good for him.

jpw
03-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Your eyes are deceiving you.

Tyler Poulidor—the eternal 2nd...

i knew it wasn't for the win, but Tyler winning the sprint shocked me.

jpw
03-26-2014, 10:33 AM
So last week we had a spoiler warning about a guy who threw his bike and now we have a spoiler warning with a guy who didn't win! For the record, I don't care, I just think it's kind of funny.

FWIW a spoiler thread shouldn't really have a specific rider's name in the title, race name is what you want.

As Tyler has sunk to this level of ridicule the only way for him now is up.

Gummee
03-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Since we've got spoilers going on: I was hoping that the 3 guys pulling (plus the OPQS guy) would stay away, but alas...

Oh, and a classic example of s--t hooking and not disrupting the guys pulling by the OPQS guy. People should watch and learn. :nod:

M

Uncle Jam's Army
03-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Not sure why Tyler banged his bars in disappointment. He won the field sprint and there was no catching Terpstra, nor did Tyler contribute to the chase of Terpstra. Seems like he should be happy with the result, as it's the best finish he's had in quite some time.

cash05458
03-26-2014, 02:59 PM
please don't put a rider's name or any idea of result in title...come on man...:mad:

Lovetoclimb
03-26-2014, 03:06 PM
i knew it wasn't for the win, but Tyler winning the sprint shocked me.

Simply not hitting the tarmac was shocking enough!

ultraman6970
03-26-2014, 04:05 PM
dont get this either, NT went off the peloton like 30 km to go, in a matter of fact when those things happen you know what you are sprinting for 2nd like 1 hour before crossing the line.

My best guess is that he was pissed because maybe he could have won the race in a group compact sprint?? Nobody had the legs to catch, at that point you are sprinting for second, no sense to get mad IMO.

Good for him a lot of the favs did like crap to day.

Not sure why Tyler banged his bars in disappointment. He won the field sprint and there was no catching Terpstra, nor did Tyler contribute to the chase of Terpstra. Seems like he should be happy with the result, as it's the best finish he's had in quite some time.