PDA

View Full Version : Weisel, Johnson, Ochowitz . . .

BumbleBeeDave
03-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Those three names seem to come up again and again in all this continuing discussion around Armstrong's legacy. Interesting story here from cyclingnews.com . . .

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/what-did-usa-cycling-know-of-doping-before-armstrong-investigation

They didn't know anything. Sure . . .

BBD

cash05458
03-25-2014, 12:09 PM
of course Johnson knew everything...via weisel and "good ole och" be serious...it's a joke this could even be questioned at this point...:p

soulspinner
03-26-2014, 04:39 AM
Just read Wheelmen. Sure seems like they knew. Gorski too.

Ti Designs
03-26-2014, 05:19 AM
If you grow up in a system built around cheating, it just seems normal. I found out about the system back in '81 when I tried out for the junior national team. The methods were different back then, but the goal was always to gain an advantage by cheating. They knew it was cheating because everything else at the OTC was documented, somehow their little blood boosting program never was...

The people who are now running the show have been in it for 25 or 30 years now, this is a way of life for them. As riders and teams fall, they aren't thinking "we need to ride clean", they're looking for a way to return to their "normal" ways.

Charles M
03-26-2014, 08:57 AM
They were working with the international cycling system...

There is NO top level cycling platform in ANY country that wasn't doing the exact same thing...

That's why there was a mini United nations thing happening with Soigneur's / trainer / doctors...

It wasn't uncommon to have a mix of Belgians, Spaniards, Italians among all of the teams.

Really, I'm more surprised at the feigning of ignorance to the total systemic problem in order to point at a few people as if they were the root of all evil...

These reports are just devisive entertainment in the case they ignore that this work was founded from the UCI on down as standard operating procedure.

We keep beating the dead postal horse...

And we keep ignoring why it died.