PDA

View Full Version : OT: World Cycling Productions - Enough Already!

OtayBW
03-24-2014, 08:49 PM
I like your company. I buy from you regularly. I have always thought that accepting the fairly regular barrage of e-mail sales flyers from you was the price I paid for being alerted to some small savings that I surely could not refuse.

But now you send me 2 e-mails a day - occasionally up to 3 e-mails daily - and have gone from being a mile nuisance to somewhat intrusive, and now I think you're just downright obnoxious. I thought we were friends! If you can't create some kind of subscription filter options, then you leave me no choice: I want a divorce......:butt: :rolleyes:

johnmdesigner
03-25-2014, 01:37 PM
Probably having a tough time unloading all those Armstrong DVD's.

MattTuck
03-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Do any of their videos feature the Eurosport commentators?

BumbleBeeDave
03-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Their prices always seem to be straight retail. Just not worth my while to buy from them unless it's a race DVD I really want.

BBD

Lewis Moon
03-25-2014, 02:09 PM
there SHOULD be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail. Should. Otherwise, tag the sender as spam.

FlashUNC
03-25-2014, 02:25 PM
I tagged them as spam long ago. Also, my dad once got me a gift card to the place for Christmas. The gift card never worked.

Great bunch if you need some classic DVDs. I steer clear otherwise.

jlwdm
03-25-2014, 05:26 PM
Their prices always seem to be straight retail. Just not worth my while to buy from them unless it's a race DVD I really want.

BBD

I have not bought from them for about two years but they have had super great deals on Assos, Craft and a few other brands I use in the past.

I unsubscribed a while back as I don't need any more bike clothes.

Jeff

wc1934
03-25-2014, 06:24 PM

BBD
Plus their shipping costs are not cheap - Paid 8 bucks for them to ship a Ghram Watson calendar!

gomango
03-25-2014, 06:26 PM
FWIW They have a retail storefront here in the Twin Cities.

I seem to find some very good deals when I stop by on the way home from work occasionally.

I've found some Craft goodies at firesale prices.

OtayBW
03-25-2014, 06:32 PM
Like I said, I like 'em and have bought from them fairly regularly over the years. I have found some good values periodically. And they sell Gore gear - I like Gore. Just to be clear, I'm willing to put up with a certain amount of crap in my inbox, but jumping up to 2-3 emails a day is really abusing the privilege. Unsubscribed. End of rant. ;)

tiretrax
03-25-2014, 07:16 PM
I tagged them as spam long ago. Also, my dad once got me a gift card to the place for Christmas. The gift card never worked.

That's easy to rectify. Did he call them with his receipt? Dispute it with the credit card company?