PDA

View Full Version : Need a genius, Dura 7700 bar end shifter skips

TimS
03-24-2014, 06:05 AM
Greetings, I have a tri bike with Dura Ace 770 bar end shifters. Going up hills or any real load the chain skips in the 3rd and 4th chain ring. This has been my nemesis for a long time. I am not a tech guy so need paint by numbers help. Thanks. Tim

Gummee
03-24-2014, 06:07 AM
I have em on my mtn bike. Mine did too. The click's still in there sorta/kinda but R&R is your best bet.

I don't think I've ever seen parts for Shimano shifters available separately

M

oldpotatoe
03-24-2014, 06:11 AM
Greetings, I have a tri bike with Dura Ace 770 bar end shifters. Going up hills or any real load the chain skips in the 3rd and 4th chain ring. This has been my nemesis for a long time. I am not a tech guy so need paint by numbers help. Thanks. Tim

Make sure the d ring that slides the shifter from indexing to friction is all the way to the index side. Also snug the fixing bolt down a little. If still, 'may' be broken inside. I've seen a couple like that.

Also suggestion below, spot on.

Roger M
03-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Make sure the chrome plastic base(between shifter and bar and mount) is rotated to the correct position. When I first mounted mine, I installed it 90 or 180 degrees off(cant recall now). The shifter still worked but I had problems in a few gears until I corrected the plate.