PDA

View Full Version : I can't post a new thread of any length.Help, please.

Sandy
03-21-2014, 02:09 PM
I stopped cycling for about 6 years and want to start again. I have a new bike but have some concerns about it. I wrote a post about it, but I got the message that I was not logged on, but I was.

Anyone explain why I could not post it?

Thanks.

Sandy

Sandy
03-21-2014, 02:10 PM
I realize I posted the one above. I seem to be able to post a short one which takes little time, but longer ones give me the same message...not logged on...but I am.

Ahneida Ride
03-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Sandy

It's special double secret probation software ...

I can't escape it either ....

I am still in double secret probation.

William
03-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi Sandy,

Great to have you back! We'll get Keith on it asap!

William

Sandy
03-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Sandy

It's special double secret probation software ...

I can't escape it either ....

I am still in double secret probation.

Should be quadruple secret probation. :)

Secret Sandy

nighthawk
03-21-2014, 02:45 PM
I stopped cycling for about 6 years and want to start again. I have a new bike but have some concerns about it. I wrote a post about it, but I got the message that I was not logged on, but I was.

Anyone explain why I could not post it?

Thanks.

Sandy

Sandy,
I think it just 'timed out' because of the amount of time it took you between starting the thread and submitting it. This has happened to me in the past, an typically if I login when prompted (after trying to submit my post)... It'll pick up where you left off and submit the thread/post for you. Make sense?

Good luck!

Sandy
03-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Hi Sandy,

Great to have you back! We'll get Keith on it asap!

William

Double thanks!

I was involved the last 6 years in intense MMA training just in case I need to put the big warm hearted helpful guy from RI in his proper place if he dares get out of line.....something like that.. :)

Should I bring back the :banana:??

Sandy

zap
03-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Snappy Saaaaaaaannnndie. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

When are we riding?

Sandy
03-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Sandy,
I think it just 'timed out' because of the amount of time it took you between starting the thread and submitting it. This has happened to me in the past, an typically if I login when prompted (after trying to submit my post)... It'll pick up where you left off and submit the thread/post for you. Make sense?

Good luck!

That makes a great deal of sense. I left the post I was writing to google a few items for clarity in my post. In addition I type slowly. There was significant time in writing the post.

An additional problem is that when I click on to submit the post in the new thread, the post simply disappears and I and unable to retrieve it. I thought about writing the post in an email to myself, and then copying it and pasting it, so I would have a copy of it if it disappears.

Thank you very much. I think I was timed out.

Sandy

William
03-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Double thanks!

I was involved the last 6 years in intense MMA training just in case I need to put the big warm hearted helpful guy from RI in his proper place if he dares get out of line.....something like that.. :)

Should I bring back the :banana:??

Sandy

While you have been away Master Sandy, I have honed my banana slicing skills, Mr. Myagi Ninja style!!

http://www.bestemoticon.com/smiley/combat/banana-split-20060614.gif

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII - YAHHHHHHHHH!!:D

William

Sandy
03-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Snappy Saaaaaaaannnndie. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

When are we riding?

You are too kind. The only way I could keep up with you is if I drove my car. Besides, it has been years since I rode and have lost a remarkable amount of muscle mass and cardiovascular condition.....and I am an old man....

Thanks!!

:banana:Snail Snow Slug Sandy:banana:

DRZRM
03-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Good to see you back Sandy. Whenever I am working on long threads here, I write them in a word processing document (MS Word) and then cut the text into the window when I am finished. So annoying when you are building a big sale thread with links and suddenly its all lost.

christian
03-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Welcome back Sandy. Suspect this has just a little something to do with someone moving. I wish you guys many happy rides.

Sandy
03-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Good to see you back Sandy. Whenever I am working on long threads here, I write them in a word processing document (MS Word) and then cut the text into the window when I am finished. So annoying when you are building a big sale thread with links and suddenly its all lost.

Thanks...Appreciate it.

I know the feeling. That occurring in a big sale thread would really be frustrating....I don't handle frustration well. I was asking questions about a few components I have on a new (not ridden hardly) sport tourer, and I could not post it.

Slower than a turtle with two legs,

Sandy

Sandy
03-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Welcome back Sandy. Suspect this has just a little something to do with someone moving. I wish you guys many happy rides.

Thanks!!

Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
03-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Welcome back! We've been saving that tuna sandwich for you! :banana:

BBD

chuckroast
03-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Welcome back Sandy, all the Forum doggies perked up their ears when they heard you were back.

thwart
03-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Sandy's back!

The Forum gets (even) better.

Sandy
03-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Welcome back! We've been saving that tuna sandwich for you! :banana:

BBD

Thanks! I think the bread is quite stale by now...sort of like me.

Stale Sandy

SoCalSteve
03-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Sandy and Fixed...:banana:

Maybe I should come back too!!!

rounder
03-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Sandy, we have met (chez Smiley). I would ride with you some time when it was convenient for you. Good luck.

Keith A
03-21-2014, 09:27 PM
I've been away from the computer today doing some yard work and then on adage with my wife tonight. Tomorrow I'll be up early providing some service to the homeless veterans in our area and won't be able to look at this until afterwards.

Welcome back Sandy, now where's Kevan?

gasman
03-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Welcome back Sandy. You may feel like Super Slow Sub Sonic Sandy but if you are on a bike again all is good.
Yea ? Where is Kevan ?

Sandy
03-22-2014, 07:29 AM

Yep!

Sandy

Sandy
03-22-2014, 07:32 AM
Thanks!

I am going to hunt for Kevan....I need someone to pick on.:)

Sandy

William
03-22-2014, 07:33 AM
Sandy,

Please talk to your friends, they need a little Sandy socializing soon...

http://pansypanda.com/30-naughtiest-dogs-youll-lol-when-you-find-out-what-they-did/

;):)

William

Keith A
03-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Sandy -- Are you still having a problem posting messages? It seems like it is working for you now.

Sandy
03-22-2014, 01:22 PM
I am not having problems posting the messages I am posting now because they are short messages, both in word length and probably more importantly in the length of time it takes to post the message.

As was pointed out to me in the thread, the issue is probably a time issue. I was starting a new thread and it took me time to write the initial post and when I tried to post it, not only did it not post, the post was gone and I could not retrieve it.

Thanks!

Slow Sandy

Kevan
07-20-2014, 05:26 PM
Kevan's here…now living closer to Sandy than what is comfortable.

Yep, I've moved.

CaptStash
07-20-2014, 05:48 PM

So long as you promise to leave Swoop behind!

Welcome back Sandy, we missed ya'!

CaptStash....

SoCalSteve
07-20-2014, 06:24 PM
So long as you promise to leave Swoop behind!

Welcome back Sandy, we missed ya'!

CaptStash....

No worries there! Haven't heard hide nor hair from him since he snubbed my riding buddies and myself on PCH a few years back...:bike:

Dave B
07-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Welcome back Sir Sandy! I have missed you terribly and glad to see you are coming back! So lucky for us!

So much to catch up on!

:banana::banana::banana:

soulspinner
07-20-2014, 06:41 PM
Sandy, another 2003 paceline guy whos missed ya. You are never too old! Cycling can bring you back.

Len J
07-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Sandy

So glad you are back riding again. Hope all is well in your world.

Len