PDA

View Full Version : Any Paceliners in the San Diego area?

Joe
03-20-2014, 09:40 PM
A bike shop in the San Diego area is holding a saddle for me. Apparently, the manufacturer requires sale of their products to be in person - sales by phone, internet, etc. are not permitted. I am in Northern California and won't be in the San Diego area for a few weeks.

Ordinarily, I would never try to circumvent a retailer's agreement with a manufacturer. However, in this case, the saddle is discontinued and is not available locally. If anyone is willing to purchase the saddle and ship it to me, I would be happy to pay the cost and compensate you for your time.

Feel free to PM. Thanks in advance.

Joe

wasfast
03-21-2014, 07:33 AM
Where is the shop in SD?

odin99
03-21-2014, 10:42 AM
yes that would help. SD is a pretty large area.

ptourkin
03-21-2014, 10:59 AM
If it's La Jolla south, I could do it.

DY123
03-21-2014, 11:15 AM
What kind of saddle and who is the manufacturer? Sounds interesting.

Joe
03-21-2014, 09:23 PM
I was deliberately vague about the name of the shop.

The saddle is a Specialized Women's Dolce Sport Gel. My wife had this same saddle previously, wore it out and has had difficulty finding a comfortable replacement. Specialized no longer makes this particular saddle, but we found this one through an internet search. The shop told us that Specialized will not allow retailers to sell their products over the phone or via internet - I've heard this same thing from other shops - but he very kindly offered to hold the saddle for us. I'm probably being overcautious, but I didn't want to post any specific information in a public forum that might get the bike shop in trouble with the manufacturer.

I appreciate the responses and offers to help...I think I found someone to purchase the saddle and send it to me.

Thanks very much.

Joe

oldpotatoe
03-22-2014, 07:07 AM
I was deliberately vague about the name of the shop.

The saddle is a Specialized Women's Dolce Sport Gel. My wife had this same saddle previously, wore it out and has had difficulty finding a comfortable replacement. Specialized no longer makes this particular saddle, but we found this one through an internet search. The shop told us that Specialized will not allow retailers to sell their products over the phone or via internet - I've heard this same thing from other shops - but he very kindly offered to hold the saddle for us. I'm probably being overcautious, but I didn't want to post any specific information in a public forum that might get the bike shop in trouble with the manufacturer.

I appreciate the responses and offers to help...I think I found someone to purchase the saddle and send it to me.

Thanks very much.

Joe

That is absurd, on a discontinued model to boot. But from spec-ed so not surprised.

OBTW-this?

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/cart

I know it's a spec-ed website but still...

Guess USA only

http://www.schaltauge.com/Specialized-11-Womens-Dolce-Sport-Gel-Saddle-155mm-schwarz_1