PDA

View Full Version : Jetta sportwagen customer service

malcolm
03-20-2014, 02:11 PM
From the other thread tdi vs prius I had mentioned that my radio died on my 1.1k out of warranty TDI sportwagen. To replace it was a touch over $600. The service rep recommended I call VW America and see if they would cover it. I called yesterday and gave them the info and a rep called me back today to say it was 100% covered, parts and labor.

Probably doesn't hurt that we've bought 3 VWs and a couple Audis in the past 10 years.

Kudos to VW, good customer service

thwart
03-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Good to hear.

Wonder if Toyota would do the same… ?

YoKev
03-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Nice!

witcombusa
03-20-2014, 02:54 PM
From the other thread tdi vs prius I had mentioned that my radio died on my 1.1k out of warranty TDI sportwagen. To replace it was a touch over $600. The service rep recommended I call VW America and see if they would cover it. I called yesterday and gave them the info and a rep called me back today to say it was 100% covered, parts and labor.

Probably doesn't hurt that we've bought 3 VWs and a couple Audis in the past 10 years.

Kudos to VW, good customer service

My experience with VW was anything but good. :no:

malcolm
03-20-2014, 03:10 PM
My experience with VW was anything but good. :no:

I hear you, but in this case it was well done and they did what was right. I'm sure you can find many negative ones. I just wanted to share a positive experience with an auto maker.

jghall
03-20-2014, 03:48 PM
The key was you've purchased 3 vw's and several audi's from them over the years. Along with I imagine, using them for the your servicing.

vqdriver
03-20-2014, 04:06 PM
Good to hear.

just from my own experience things tend to go awry fairly soon after a warranty expires. here's what i, and my immediate family, have experienced, all within 1000 miles or a month of an expired factory warranty.

nissan - yes, twice (once was an entire transmission)
honda - yes
toyota - dunno
chrysler - no
gm - hell no (to quote)

bike-md
03-22-2014, 07:42 AM
just from my own experience things tend to go awry fairly soon after a warranty expires. here's what i, and my immediate family, have experienced, all within 1000 miles or a month of an expired factory warranty.

nissan - yes, twice (once was an entire transmission)
honda - yes
toyota - dunno
chrysler - no
gm - hell no (to quote)

To add:

Toyota - yes

They covered an $800 steering column/shaft repair out of warranty.

Nissan (actually an infiniti) covered "paint"/body issues under warranty...even paid for loaners.

Ford - no!

Long story...

cmg
03-22-2014, 07:55 AM
Good to hear.

it wouldn't have failed in the first place.......

thwart
03-22-2014, 07:59 AM

Eh. My wife's Prius V has already had a couple of issues... covered under warranty.

But not the sound system...

oldpotatoe
03-22-2014, 08:05 AM

In this day and age of complex electrical doo-dads, many will have issues, even toyota.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_prius.html