PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Campy Shop: Triangle, NC

frieddoh
03-19-2014, 01:02 PM
Hi All,

I have a Serotta Colorado LT that I bought new back in '91. Originally equipped with Ultegra 9-speed as that all I could afford at the time with my high wheeling lifestyle. Eventually upgraded to Dura-Ace and the bike is still running strong as ever.

Over the fall I began to source all necessary for the latest addition to the stable: Early 90's Merckx Corsa Extra SLX (ex-Belgium team frame), Mavic Open Pro SUP rims, and Campagnolo Record 10-speed Gruppo. In my mind, my dream bike.

I'll do a rough build out, but I'm looking for a shop local to my area (Triangle, NC) that can handle the brake and shift cable setup/tuning. I'd do it myself, but my fat fingers and those tight spaces tell me to let a pro do it.

So all that for my question, can anyone make a recommendations for a local shop that I can trust to setup the campy 10 on my new/old baby? Specific mechanic recommendations welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Pete Mckeon
03-19-2014, 01:28 PM
TLC in Layefette villiage. Off falls of neuse rdbin north raleigh. Also Spokes
Bill Roberts who even post here. I do not know of any in Cary but I hardly get
Over there.

Send pm if you can not find one. Pete

frieddoh
03-19-2014, 01:54 PM
TLC in Layefette villiage. Off falls of neuse rdbin north raleigh. Also Spokes
Bill Roberts who even post here. I do not know of any in Cary but I hardly get
Over there.

Send pm if you can not find one. Pete

Thanks Pete for the recommendation, will check them out.

Dan

SPOKE
03-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Just drop me a PM. I can setup the Campy. I work out of my house in N. Raleigh. Small select customer list mostly local masters racers

frieddoh
03-19-2014, 03:38 PM
that should've been a PM oops!

Ralph
03-19-2014, 04:32 PM
That's so simple you could probably get that done at the repair corner of your local Sports Authority. That's something I would insist on doing myself.....there are variations in how cables can go, and I have preferences, and where to place hoods, and I'm picky.

rnhood
03-19-2014, 05:03 PM
If Spokes does the drive train work then don't worry, it will be perfect.

SPOKE
03-19-2014, 08:16 PM
If Spokes does the drive train work then don't worry, it will be perfect.

Thank you sir for the props!!!

frieddoh
03-20-2014, 11:38 AM
That's so simple you could probably get that done at the repair corner of your local Sports Authority. That's something I would insist on doing myself.....there are variations in how cables can go, and I have preferences, and where to place hoods, and I'm picky.

"Probably" is the operative word... but then when LBS doesn't know the difference between 9-speed and 10-speed lockrings on a campy cassette and suggests the hammer :eek: approach as a solution, I get a bit twitchy.

Granted, I didn't know that there was a difference between the two until it was upon me, this is what I'm trying to circumvent especially since I don't have a working example sitting in the other room.

I'm leaving room for fit, adjustments, and my own idiosyncrasies/tweaks.

The real plus to me is that I get to support someone who knows what they are doing and cares about what they are doing... versus me cutting once and buying another set of cables to fix my mistake. And they come recommended by this very fine BB.