PDA

View Full Version : Twin Six Standard bibs

Netdewt
03-17-2014, 09:21 PM
I've been looking into bib shorts. Rapha and Assos are the ones everyone likes but they are expensive. DHB and Giordana look nice.

Anyone have experience with these? I've been looking for a new set for this summer and want something good for long distance / everyday. Nice quality and high value.

I emailed T6 with a question and Mark (the owner I believe) told me to stop over to try them on. (Turns out I live like a mile from their HQ.)

druptight
06-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Bump - anyone have any new info here? I've got a $100 gift certificate and they've got 36% off today if you spend more than 125. Thinking about a standard jersey and standard bibs set.

Any experience?

k-mac
06-25-2014, 08:48 AM
Santini is my favorite.

Nooch
06-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Bump - anyone have any new info here? I've got a $100 gift certificate and they've got 36% off today if you spend more than 125. Thinking about a standard jersey and standard bibs set.

Any experience?

I've had a few pair of T6 kits (fatcyclist stuff, mainly), and like it. They've gotten progressively better as the years have gone on, I think you'll be happy with em.

Or just buy a bunch of T-shirts. But I doubt you can go wrong with em. They're not Rapha, but they're good.

druptight
06-25-2014, 08:50 AM
I've had a few pair of T6 kits (fatcyclist stuff, mainly), and like it. They've gotten progressively better as the years have gone on, I think you'll be happy with em.

Or just buy a bunch of T-shirts. But I doubt you can go wrong with em. They're not Rapha, but they're good.

I've got other T6 stuff, but I'm curious specifically about this "Standard" level stuff that's allegedly higher quality than their standard stuff, especially the bibs.

druptight
06-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Santini is my favorite.

I don't have a $100 gift certificate for Santini, but I'm glad to hear it.

cinco
06-25-2014, 08:57 AM
I bought a pair of DHB knickers and have been quite pleased with the value. Plenty comfortable and the price is right. So, only an endorsement for the brand, can't attest to any specific model.

sandyrs
06-25-2014, 09:08 AM
I have a pair of Twin six "regular" bibs from 2012 (i.e. not Standard line). They're not my best-fitting pair, but I've worn them on a couple 5+ hour days with no serious discomfort. If they were a bit tighter, I would wear them more. At 6'5", 180, I particularly appreciate that their size L has a longer inseam than most. Chamois isn't anything you'll find on a $250 bib (at least not one worth $250) but it's been plenty comfortable for me.

If their Standard line is higher quality and you have a discount, I would give it a try.

k-mac
06-25-2014, 09:12 AM
I don't have a $100 gift certificate for Santini, but I'm glad to hear it.

Sorry, I was responding to the OP. Have a nice day.

Netdewt
06-25-2014, 02:10 PM
I ended up buying the Standard bibs. I like them a lot, but I haven't tried Rapha or Assos, so I can't give a comparison there.

druptight
06-25-2014, 02:29 PM
I ended up buying the Standard bibs. I like them a lot, but I haven't tried Rapha or Assos, so I can't give a comparison there.

Since the sale going on now ends at midnight, I went for it too, grabbing both the higher priced standard bibs and jersey. Will report back.

mistermo
06-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Once, on a sunny day, I was riding behind a guy wearing the Standard bibs. They appeared slightly see through to me.

I've got a Standard jersey. It is also very thin.

druptight
06-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Once, on a sunny day, I was riding behind a guy wearing the Standard bibs. They appeared slightly see through to me.

I've got a Standard jersey. It is also very thin.

NOW you tell me. At one point I owned the Twin Six regular bibs (not to be confused with their standard bibs), and based on their sizing chart picked up the L and they were a bit snug, so I sized up to XL this time which hopefully will eliminate the possibility of any see-through-ness.

I also noticed that the black version of the standard jersey is in the REI Clearance section for about $75 instead of the $110 regularly. If the green one I get is any good, I may have to pick one up there.

Netdewt
06-25-2014, 03:32 PM
The fabric seems pretty thick to me. But then again, I can't follow myself.

ANAO
06-25-2014, 04:37 PM
I don't know...

Unless I'm going custom teamwear or Rapha/Assos...the only thing that still appeals to me is a genuine leather chamois. Like glueing on tubulars, there are some annoyances that just go with being a roadie.

...right?

druptight
06-25-2014, 05:22 PM
I don't know...

Unless I'm going custom teamwear or Rapha/Assos...the only thing that still appeals to me is a genuine leather chamois. Like glueing on tubulars, there are some annoyances that just go with being a roadie.

...right?

Before I bought these bibs, my go to summerwear was a pair of lederhosen.

mistermo
06-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Is there a discount code to apply at checkout?

Netdewt
06-25-2014, 06:44 PM
No it just shows up in your cart.

mistermo
06-25-2014, 06:50 PM
I tried to get the discount on a bundle and it didn't work. Apparently only works on single items.

Netdewt
06-25-2014, 07:23 PM
They have always been very responsive by email for me. Maybe they are working late tonight because of the sale. Or try calling?

druptight
06-25-2014, 07:27 PM
The email I got said today's hump day sale specifically excluded bundles, and frames. I think they exclude the bundles because they're already discounted. That was my initial attempt as well this morning.

Dirtdiggler
06-25-2014, 08:45 PM
FYI performance bike is having big sale. PBS brands are 40 percent off..