PDA

View Full Version : New Great Divide Ti frame from No. 22 Bike Co.

phcollard
03-17-2014, 06:48 PM
You already know... They hired craftsmen from ex-Saratoga/ex-Serotta for building their Ti frames.

I got in touch with Bryce the company owner and I felt I could share the new brochure (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3032014/22bikes/no22.brochure.v.1.3_MS_bg5_web.pdf) with you folks (with their permission and I am not affiliated although I am quite excited).

New anodizing color and also a new subdued polished/blasted scheme as well. Do they look AWESOME or what!

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3032014/22bikes/gd-1.png

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3032014/22bikes/gd-2.png

Uncle Jam's Army
03-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Any idea on pricing?

Edit: Looks like $2,800 for the brushed/matte frameset and $3,200 for the anno frameset (both with Enve 2.0 tapered fork and CK Inset headset). http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/03/17/no-22-bikes-teams-up-with-former-saratoga-frameworks-craftsmen-for-made-in-the-usa-ti-beauties/#more-74718 That's a pretty damn good price point.

54ny77
03-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Hubba hubba!

Cat3roadracer
03-17-2014, 08:04 PM
Funny how much that looks like a Fondo/Pronto. Good luck to them, looks nice.

Cat3roadracer
03-17-2014, 08:07 PM
The catalog says its already made in Saratoga Springs, NY. Maybe it is a Fondo/Pronto.

choke
03-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Ehh....pass. I'm definitely a traditionalist when it comes to graphics and the current trend with the name on the top or bottom of the tube (like these, Baum, Speedvagen, etc.) are very unappealing to me. I prefer the simple classic style with a name on the side of the DT and maybe the ST...panels are an option of course. That being said, I do like a lot of Dario's schemes and I'd love a Ciavate one day.

On top of that, the PF30 and 44mm HT would make me look elsewhere.

tuscanyswe
03-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Ehh....pass. I'm definitely a traditionalist when it comes to graphics and the current trend with the name on the top or bottom of the tube (like these, Baum, Speedvagen, etc.) are very unappealing to me. I prefer the simple classic style with a name on the side of the DT and maybe the ST...panels are an option of course. That being said, I do like a lot of Dario's schemes and I'd love a Ciavate one day.

On top of that, the PF30 and 44mm HT would make me look elsewhere.

+1 Glad im not alone.

cmg
03-17-2014, 09:16 PM
+1 Glad im not alone.

+2 NOt a fan of the beer can headtube either. the straight tube chainstays always make me think i could flex them.

phcollard
03-18-2014, 04:32 AM
+2 NOt a fan of the beer can headtube either. the straight tube chainstays always make me think i could flex them.

Really? There is barely enough room on the hooded dropouts to weld them! Those things are massive... Plus don't you weight like 130lbs or something Carlos? :D

At first I wasn't sure about the 44mm HT neither. But then I saw a Carl Strong with it and it looked brutal and cool.

laupsi
03-18-2014, 04:40 AM

if this frame is anything at all like the Pronto, sure looks like it is and unless you weigh 250 lbs and are a stomping maniac, there ain't gonna be any flexing! :no:

victoryfactory
03-18-2014, 05:04 AM
The trend back towards straight gauge tubing is interesting.
Are ti/steel makers trying to emulate the stiffness of modern carbon
race bikes? Do they not want to bother designing and sourcing butted, shaped and tapered tubes?
The rear hooded dropouts ala Pegoretti to allow welding of large tubes seem
an unattractive compromise.

I say if you need a stiff rice bike, get carbon. (or aluminum)

Those new ti frames may work, but beauty must remain in the eye of the
beholder.

VF

PS: I hope they sell a ton of them.

Gat64
03-18-2014, 05:19 AM
Those look gorgeous to me. And the chain stays look rather pegorettish.

jpw
03-18-2014, 05:39 AM
+1 Glad im not alone.

you are not alone.

dekindy
03-18-2014, 05:53 AM
you are not alone.

I do not see the excitement either. However at least they are in business which is more than some of the experts can claim. It is a crazy World.:confused:

cmg
03-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Really? There is barely enough room on the hooded dropouts to weld them! Those things are massive... Plus don't you weight like 130lbs or something Carlos? :D

At first I wasn't sure about the 44mm HT neither. But then I saw a Carl Strong with it and it looked brutal and cool.

the beer can head doesn't look too bad when the fork matches the dia at the crown. maybe 44mm spacers under the stem would make it look consistent. on a positive note they have done something that Serotta could never do. from the bikerumor.com link, Great Divides will retail for $3,199 for the anodized finish, or $2,799 for the brushed/matte version which includes an Enve fork and Chris King headset. That's a very competive price and the small frame geometry would work. their web site mentions something about customs being available.

130Lbs? I wish, closer to 200lbs, think George Constanza's lost mexican cousin...:p

jpw
03-19-2014, 01:49 AM
I do not see the excitement either. However at least they are in business which is more than some of the experts can claim. It is a crazy World.:confused:

too true.

soulspinner
03-19-2014, 04:34 AM
Don't care for the Ano, but the finish on a bike is personal. The other one looks like an all biz big boy race bike meant to be stiff. The price point is great. Don't get the negative comments............