PDA

View Full Version : Important! Kids bikes.....

oldguy00
03-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Forget about all this high zoot road bike talk......on to the important stuff!!

For a 7 yo.....
Trek 20 vs Giant XTC Jr 1 20 vs Cannondale Trail 20

GO!!!!

Black Dog
03-15-2014, 08:33 AM
What colour are the bikes…that will be more important to them than the other details that we would worry about. Ask me how I know...:rolleyes:

soupless
03-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Whichever one that has the paint job he/she likes best.

That's my anecdotal advice having sold lots of kids bikes over the last few years. They like the color--bike gets used.

weisan
03-15-2014, 08:53 AM
whichever one that doesn't cost a leg when the leaves change colors next season...

93legendti
03-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Whichever one that has the paint job he/she likes best.

That's my anecdotal advice having sold lots of kids bikes over the last few years. They like the color--bike gets used.

My son loved his Trek...blue. Fwiw, Performance's program for kids' bikes is hard to beat. My daughter loved the 2 bikes we bought for her from Performance.

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Content_10052_10551_-1_KidsBikeGrowth

pdmtong
03-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Assuming cost all roughly same buy the trek since that will have the most recogocnizabke resale name on Craigslist when you unload it

The next factor would be preferred color

I don't know these models but I'd prefer front rear hand brakes and six speeds. Save the chainring shifting for the 24" next bike

ultraman6970
03-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Let him pick whatever he wants, the important part is that you have to be sure that he will jump back to the bike right after an accident, for that dont make a big deal, just clean the knees and seat him in the bike.

Second thing that could be the 1st most important, get a good helmet, for kids you have the ones with adjustable straps and some have like stretchy straps that goes around the base of the skull, get the one that goes around the base of the skull because the helmet wont move if you have ti set correctly obviously.

Good luck :D

thirdgenbird
03-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Color didn't bother me as a kid.

Here is what I remember:
1st giant MTB blue. Single front ring.
2nd specialized hardrock purple. Rigid front end. 24in wheels. Bent rear axle several times.
3rd Bianchi road pink. Rx100/105 mix. 700c rear 24in front.
4th Raleigh MTB white. RST front suspension. STX group

Ownership time overlapped a few times. Bikes after this were "adult" bikes.