PDA

View Full Version : OT: Next WI gov? who knew Mary Burke, ex-Trek exec/fam member

eddief
03-13-2014, 07:11 PM
running for Wisconsin governer. Does she ride?

Mary Burke (born April 30, 1959) is an American businesswoman, member of the Madison, Wisconsin school board and a Democratic candidate for Governor of Wisconsin in the 2014 election. Burke is a former executive at Trek Bicycle Corporation, and she also served as the Wisconsin Secretary of Commerce. She is the daughter of Trek Bicycle Corporation founder Richard Burke

Mikej
03-13-2014, 07:26 PM
As a Wisconsin resident all I can say it yay another election. Pretty sure she doesn't ride, most of her time is spent cashing daddy's checks.

teleguy57
03-13-2014, 08:04 PM
And as another WI resident, even if she does ride, there's no correlation between that and political competency. And the attack ads on both sides have already started -- in March. Just waiting for the robocalls to begin...

Rkmears
03-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Received my first robocall yesterday....election season never ends....

Ken Robb
03-13-2014, 09:02 PM
I have to wonder what possible good robot calls can do. Does anyone even listen to them? How many people (like me) are so fed up with them that the results are negative?

Mikej
03-14-2014, 05:08 AM
RING RING - Pick-up "hello, hello? click hello?" "Hello, Mr. Smith, I'm calling form" click.

William
03-14-2014, 07:03 AM
I have to wonder what possible good robot calls can do. Does anyone even listen to them? How many people (like me) are so fed up with them that the results are negative?

All they do for me is make sure it's a tick against that particular candidate for pissing me off for answering a stupid robo call. It always boils down to the lesser of two weasels anyway.:)

William