PDA

View Full Version : OT: Jetta Media Interface

Cat3roadracer
03-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all of the responses in my previous threads. Here's the question of the day:

2013 JSW, there is a media cord in the arm rest. When I plug my iPod into it, it recognizes that something is plugged in, but the "radio" screen reads "no files found".

Do I need to purchase a specific cord for this older iPod? Anything else I can try?

Thanks, Dave

FlashUNC
03-13-2014, 05:46 PM
I believe your model uses the same as my 2010 GTI. For either the iPod port or the 1/8" jack, I've needed to change songs on the iPod directly.

Cat3roadracer
03-13-2014, 05:52 PM
I'm fine changing the songs directly, I currently do that through the BT phone. I cannot get a signal at all through the 31 pin connection.

FlashUNC
03-13-2014, 05:54 PM
I'm fine changing the songs directly, I currently do that through the BT phone. I cannot get a signal at all through the 31 pin connection.

My connector -- one of the old 31 pin type -- can be a bit tempermental. I don't think it's the best cable that VW includes.

Might be a bad cable.

sc53
03-13-2014, 06:02 PM
There are 3 ways to listen to stuff on your iPod on the 2013 JSW: bluetooth it, use a mini-RCA cable from the headphone out port of the Pod into the AUX in port on the outside of the center armrest, or the way I like best, use the JSW proprietary 30-pin media cable plugged into the port inside the armrest. A typical 30 pin iPod cable will not work, you need the proprietary VW cable that your dealer should have given you. If you are using that cable and it's still not working, ask your dealer for a new one! The one that came with my car stopped working after about 2 weeks, so I called the salesman and he mailed me a new one, which is working so far.

oldpotatoe
03-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks for all of the responses in my previous threads. Here's the question of the day:

2013 JSW, there is a media cord in the arm rest. When I plug my iPod into it, it recognizes that something is plugged in, but the "radio" screen reads "no files found".

Do I need to purchase a specific cord for this older iPod? Anything else I can try?

Thanks, Dave

Push 'media' then select the iPod

Cat3roadracer
03-13-2014, 06:45 PM
SC53 - exactly sums it up. I'll call the dealer tomorrow for a new cable. No BT on my older iPod.

Thanks much.

gavingould
03-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Also depends somewhat on model/age of iPod. Some aren't compatible with the interface.

Google "MDI iPod" and you'll likely come across a list somewhere.