PDA

View Full Version : Lance and Sheryl split up...

Frank
02-03-2006, 08:37 PM
What can be next? Jerk going with a short stem???? Me building up a bike??
======================

Lance Armstrong & Sheryl Crow Split

February 3, 2006

In another shocking celebrity breakup, LANCE ARMSTRONG and SHERYL CROW have split, according to People magazine. The seven-time Tour de France bicycling champion and the rockstar musician got engaged in September 2005, when Armstrong proposed to Crow in Sun Valley, ID, not long after he retired from the pro circuit in July. He and Crow officially became an item back in early 2004.

"After much thought and consideration we have made a very tough decision to split up. We both have a deep love and respect for each other and we ask that everyone respect our privacy during this very difficult time," a joint statement released to People through Armstrong's spokesman read.

Armstrong, 33, has a son and two twin daughters from a previous marriage. Grammy winner Crow, 42, has previously been linked to ERIC CLAPTON, OWEN WILSON and KID ROCK.

The couple spoke to BARBARA WALTERS last November, when Armstrong was named one of Walters' "Most Fascinating People." While showing off her six-carat diamond engagement ring, the two talked about what drew them together.

"She's hot," Lance said. "I saw that!"

But Sheryl said she just knew he was the one. "I think sometimes you meet people and they just strike such a familiar chord with you," she said. "I just thought I had known him forever."

Lance also spoke to our KEVIN FRAZIER about his love for Crow in August 2005, saying, "We plan on having a long future together."

For more news on the split, stay tuned to ET!

BumbleBeeDave
02-03-2006, 08:43 PM
. . . yawn. :rolleyes:

(Nothing personal, Frank! I'm just so generally tired of hearing about them!)

So who will Lance pair up with next?

BBD

Bill Bove
02-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Didn't he win some bike race or something?

Grant McLean
02-03-2006, 08:46 PM
. . . yawn. :rolleyes:

(Nothing personal, Frank! I'm just so generally tired of hearing about them!)

So who will Lance pair up with next?

BBD

I hear Lance really loves staying at the Paris Hilton...

Saxon
02-03-2006, 08:50 PM
I think the publicity ride was over with LA so it's time to move on to the next guy. I think Doof might be available.

Louis
02-03-2006, 09:20 PM
I think the publicity ride was over with LA so it's time to move on to the next guy. I think Doof might be available.

I don't think Doof is Lance's type, but you never know...

Saxon
02-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't think Doof is Lance's type, but you never know...
ROFLMAO!!!

e-RICHIE
02-03-2006, 09:44 PM
I hear Lance really loves staying at the Paris Hilton...

your nuts.

Catulle
02-03-2006, 09:52 PM
He actually stays at The Carrillon, but Paris Hilton may be next...

e-RICHIE
02-03-2006, 09:53 PM

you're both nuts.
and - hey, have a nice weekend rotc. :beer:

CarbonCycles
02-03-2006, 11:35 PM
This is surprising how and why?

vaxn8r
02-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Enough about Lance already!!!

Let's talk about Tyler some more.... :)

Sandy
02-04-2006, 12:13 AM
I have had almost no interest in Lance Armstrong for a long time. Great cyclist, wonderful charitable work for cancer research. But the repetitive nature of it all has been too much for me. I have no interest in his personal life. Never did. Never will.

Sandy

slowgoing
02-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Now I'm curious to see how much his next girlfriend will look like his past ones and his mom.

Bruce K
02-04-2006, 04:48 AM
Maybe his next girlfreind will be his Mom!

BK

Kevin
02-04-2006, 05:04 AM
I guess Lance did not have the balls to walk down the aisle :D

Kevin

Dr. Doofus
02-04-2006, 05:30 AM
you idiots are really

really

did doof say

really

pissing

the doof off

1) Sheryl is not doof's type. too skinny. music sucks. the brains of a gnat with ADD. If doof hooked up with some famous rock chick, it would be belinda. with the old go-gos weight back on. doof likes 'em curvy. her music sucked too, but the hips would make up for it.

2) doof is not lance's type. doof is too charming, cultured, well-educated, properly brought up, liked by all mothers, nice to dogs, and generally nifty to ever, ever be desired by lance. and if doof ever decided to do a brokeback, it wouldn't be lance. if doof is going to try that out, its going to be with the full and original equipment.

you guys got that?

keno
02-04-2006, 06:49 AM
the laws of the universe prevail.

keno

Larry
02-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Be realistic.
Lance already has his eyes on a new female conquest.
Simple.

csm
02-04-2006, 08:11 AM
I agree with the earlier poster.. to paraphrase.... who cares.

Catulle
02-04-2006, 09:00 AM

BK

Mebbe...

Dr. Doofus
02-04-2006, 09:24 AM
seriously

from the various distances from which he allows himself to be seen, one might conclude that lance, like many great competitors (sporting and otherwise) has the emotional skills to focus his anger, ambition, and desire for dominance on to a single goal and drive himself, and his subordinates, to great heights. However, these same skills are also relationship killers in a marraige, where there is no enemy, and no call to battle. The track record speaks for itself.... LA will have a tough personal journey now that he has left the fight(s) through which he has defined himself for the past 20 or so years.

Catulle
02-04-2006, 09:27 AM
seriously

from the various distances from which he allows himself to be seen, one might conclude that lance, like many great competitors (sporting and otherwise) has the emotional skills to focus his anger, ambition, and desire for dominance on to a single goal and drive himself, and his subordinates, to great heights. However, these same skills are also relationship killers in a marraige, where there is no enemy, and no call to battle. The track record speaks for itself.... LA will have a tough personal journey now that he has left the fight(s) through which he has defined himself for the past 20 or so years.

Quite insightful. Same happens to Navy Seals, et al.

e-RICHIE
02-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Quite insightful. Same happens to Navy Seals, et al.

i dunno about al, but seals was cooked after 'diamond girl'
and that was 25+ years ago ttyl rotc. cheers! :beer:

Dr. Doofus
02-04-2006, 09:34 AM
i dunno about al, but seals was cooked after 'diamond girl'
and that was 25+ years ago ttyl rotc. cheers! :beer:

blue

navy blue

I'm as blue as I can be

cause my sailor boy

said ship ahoy

and joined

the nay-e-a-vy

William
02-04-2006, 09:41 AM
http://images.meredith.com/bhg/images/07/l_moneyfight.jpg

Catulle
02-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Poop happens...

Elefantino
02-04-2006, 10:10 AM
The next "shocker" will be Lance "un-retiring"

Serpico
02-04-2006, 10:22 AM
I have had almost no interest in Lance Armstrong for a long time. Great cyclist, wonderful charitable work for cancer research. But the repetitive nature of it all has been too much for me. I have no interest in his personal life. Never did. Never will.

Sandy

+10 :beer:

e-RICHIE
02-04-2006, 10:24 AM

that would be nuts

JohnS
02-04-2006, 10:39 AM
I think that Lance has the need to always "define" himself and be in the spotlight. Maybe he will unretire...

Elefantino
02-04-2006, 11:14 AM
that would be nuts

You mean that in the singular, correct?

e-RICHIE
02-04-2006, 11:19 AM
You mean that in the singular, correct?

insurance fraud.

Saxon
02-04-2006, 11:40 AM
insurance fraud.
That would cost him an arm and a leg if caught. Then he'd really be fubr.

saab2000
02-04-2006, 11:40 AM
1) Sheryl is not doof's type. too skinny. music sucks. the brains of a gnat with ADD. If doof hooked up with some famous rock chick, it would be belinda. with the old go-gos weight back on. doof likes 'em curvy. her music sucked too, but the hips would make up for it.

Word.

Or else Annabella Lwin.

manet
02-04-2006, 01:38 PM

BK

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/p/pearl-jam/106365.html

Kevan
02-04-2006, 05:06 PM
the word was he was in Dallas looking for some bigger hair.
http://www.waynebesen.com/uploaded_images/big_hair-767147.jpg

Cranky
02-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Not to be snooty but you know how the French can be, it's the "Crillon" where it cawsts a Million to stay. :)

Ginger
02-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Gee Guys, here you are slamming Lance and it may not be about Lance at all.

Sheryl did the same with Clapton and Kid Rock. Sure she's hot, so she snags a guy, sticks with him, uses his popularity to sell her album, then dumps him when he fades out of the spotlight.

Here's a quote from Shiftinjon in a thread about the Lance/Sheryl oprah appearance. I agreed with him then, and I agree with him now:

"shiftinjon:
That is really the whole point.
Complimentary but different target markets.
Once the pipeline in each market is filled,
lance and sheryl won't need each other any more
and they will be kaput. Just like Kid Rock, et al.
Lance is still a little new at exploiting the media love relationship for personal gain, but Sheryl is an old pro."

Fixed
02-04-2006, 07:59 PM
bro ginger is a smart cookie crow don't need no washed up ex-bike racer i.m.h.o. cheers :beer:

toaster
02-05-2006, 08:45 AM
I read where Lance has a Blackberry that finds his name on the internet so he can see what is being said about him. He calls those gossips trolls and he hates them. He is watching this forum right now.

e-RICHIE
02-05-2006, 08:47 AM
that sounds nuts.

Kevin
02-05-2006, 09:04 AM
that sounds nuts.

Singular, not plural.

Kevin

Ginger
02-05-2006, 09:27 AM
What? I suspect that Lance might be more pissed at *being* used than at anyone saying that he was used...

Although hey...what else does he have to do with his time?

RABikes2
02-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Dr. Doofus and e-RICHIE...your posts on this subject are the best. Too funny. :p :p Keep up the good work guys.
RA

Dr. Doofus
02-05-2006, 02:10 PM
relationship blame?

illusory

all relations seek balance

you always, always, pair with your emotional equal

not (chimeric) twin, but equal

if one runs through partners, so's, spouses, or whipping boys like some of us do bikes, then the emotional development of all parties involved is subject to question

and yeah, annabella was hot...major hourglass hot...even with the little trackmark problem...doof likes candy

e-RICHIE
02-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Dr. Doofus and e-RICHIE...your posts on this subject are the best. Too funny. :p :p Keep up the good work guys.
RA

thanks -
but to be fair, if you're gonna single
out 2 guys, why not roy e munson?

Ginger
02-05-2006, 02:57 PM

jerk
02-05-2006, 03:03 PM
thanks -

yeah, that's an important point.

jerk

Dr. Doofus
02-05-2006, 03:03 PM
thanks ginger

doof hopes that means you re-read his post....

e-RICHIE
02-05-2006, 03:06 PM
yeah, that's an important point.

jerk

and so nice, i gotta post it twice atmo:

djg
02-05-2006, 03:49 PM
of course, incredibly interesting. Assuming they exist. Still, whether it's due to sloth or a thoroughgoing lack of curiosity, I'll probably skip the Lance/Sheryl coverage in People magazine just like I skipped whatever was there last week and the week before. Something to do with Jennifer Anniston, if I'm not mistaken (I foget what it is that she used to be famous for, but I'll bet it was something really good).

bironi
02-05-2006, 04:15 PM
The supermarket checkout line will pick up the thread from here. I can't wait!

Fixed
02-05-2006, 05:01 PM
I read where Lance has a Blackberry that finds his name on the internet so he can see what is being said about him. He calls those gossips trolls and he hates them. He is watching this forum right now.
mr. lance armstrong is a great american who will go down in the history books as a great man .,,,, i.m.h.o.
bro do you have any of those fixed gear oclv 's that dont need anymore I could use one 56-58 cm be fine .cheers
:beer: god bless america

george
02-05-2006, 07:43 PM
I guess Lance did not have the balls to walk down the aisle :D

Kevin

...he did not have the ball to walk down the aisle...

e-RICHIE
02-05-2006, 07:48 PM
...he did not have the ball to walk down the aisle...

wrong - he wouldn't sign the pre-nupt.

The Spider
02-06-2006, 01:50 AM
she would get half of what's his....including his Richard Sachs!

man has to draw a line!

William
02-06-2006, 04:13 AM
What was this thread about????? :confused:

William

JohnS
02-06-2006, 04:57 AM
What was this thread about????? :confused:

WilliamSorta like "Seinfeld", the show about nothing. :)

William
02-06-2006, 05:04 AM
Sorta like "Seinfeld", the show about nothing. :)

So, if the maid doesn't clean, and I pay her anyway, does that make her a prostitute? :confused:

William ;)

oldguy00
02-06-2006, 06:41 AM
mr. lance armstrong is a great american who will go down in the history books as a great man .,,,, i.m.h.o.

I agree, actually. The guy has made cycling more popular than ever. And besides, if he hadn't come along, who would all of ya had to hate in the sport?!?!

RABikes2
02-06-2006, 08:31 AM
thanks -
You're right e-RICHIE...Mr. Munson should have been invited. ;)

Dave B
02-06-2006, 08:40 AM
I am hoping/wishing that he gets so frustrated he needs to get back on the bike and ride again!!!!

Giro watch out!!!!!