PDA

View Full Version : Mavic spokes sl scc 2006

Jinx
03-12-2014, 02:06 PM
:banana:help
I'm trying to source some spare silver SL SCC 2006 spokes, front and both rear. I live in the UK and I'm finding it hard to source them, if you can help please message me.
Thanks
Jinx

oldpotatoe
03-13-2014, 08:51 AM
:banana:help
I'm trying to source some spare silver SL SCC 2006 spokes, front and both rear. I live in the UK and I'm finding it hard to source them, if you can help please message me.
Thanks
Jinx

Can you measure each, end to end? Exact mms? I can then check to see if my old shop has 'em....he has a box of Mavic uminjm spokes, black and silver.

Mikej
03-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Can you measure each, end to end? Exact mms? I can then check to see if my old shop has 'em....he has a box of Mavic uminjm spokes, black and silver.

Mavic measures their spokes different (I know it is for ref. to your old shop guy), your best bet is to call Mavic tech and get the part # then have LBS order. I went through this last year, it is maddening. Or a big shop may have some laying around, the part # is a bag of 10 spokes.

oldpotatoe
03-13-2014, 09:24 AM
Mavic measures their spokes different (I know it is for ref. to your old shop guy), your best bet is to call Mavic tech and get the part # then have LBS order. I went through this last year, it is maddening. Or a big shop may have some laying around, the part # is a bag of 10 spokes.

I know, why I want the guy to measure end to end, so as to not try to figure out how Mavic does it. The spokes in the box are all mixed up since Mavic comes out with new spoke lengths seemingly weekly. A ruler takes the ? Out of it.

Besides, I would be amazed if Mavic had spokes for an 8 yr old wheel unless the length conveyed for a few years.

Pete Mckeon
03-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Most shops I have known are all boxed together so you need to measure those and your old ones. If they are the same length they will work:bike:

I know, why I want the guy to measure end to end, so as to not try to figure out how Mavic does it. The spokes in the box are all mixed up since Mavic comes out with new spoke lengths seemingly weekly. A ruler takes the ? Out of it.

Besides, I would be amazed if Mavic had spokes for an 8 yr old wheel unless the length conveyed for a few years.

Gummee
03-13-2014, 11:29 AM
I know my Mavic AL spokes are pretty much all in a pile. Mtn and road all mixed up. Its what I inherited and I've had other things on my mind vs getting oddball things organized.

M

Mikej
03-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Most shops I have known are all boxed together so you need to measure those and your old ones. If they are the same length they will work:bike:

Actually, there are different nipple thread pitches / depth / tool pattern, so you need to pay attention to that as well.

Jinx
03-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Thank you all for your input, I will whip off one of each spoke and measure them I believe they are M7 as far as I'm aware mavic stoped manufacturing these last year.