PDA

View Full Version : Serotta test rides

Ken Robb
02-03-2006, 07:47 PM
James and the Serotta demo fleet are in San Diego at Hi-Tech Bikes so I rode an Ottrot and a Fierte.

The Ottrot is a 60 cm w/10spd DA just like my Legend. It's the middle stiffness tube set with a 6.5 fork. It rides-----------surprise--a lot like my Legend--I guess that it's lighter and the fork is stiffer than he O2 fork on my bike. The whole bike feels just a little "racier" without being twitchy or harsh. I could be happy with one. Heck, I've never ridden a Serotta that I didn't think was a dandy ride.

My big surprise was the Fierte. It's a 58cm like my CSI. It has 10spd Ultegra which is good but not as slick as the DA stuff. The bike is orange and silver and it rode so well I thought it was a Fierte Ti. The ride was a little softer than the Ottrot and I suppose it weighs a bit more but what a deal for $1100 or so! I felt slower on it but I think that was because I was not as far behind the BB as on the 60cm bikes. It would seem that this is a great point of entry into Serotta-Land.

And James is as charming and helpful in person as when he posts here. If you are in the area you have 2 more days to try some cool bikes.

Serotta_James
02-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for stopping by, Ken. I enjoyed talking to you.
You southern Cal people lead a blessed life down here...

Hope to see some of you this weekend, or on later demos!

James

Fixed
02-03-2006, 08:15 PM
bro james are you guys coming to chain wheel dr. in clearwater fl any time soon?

Skrawny
02-03-2006, 08:15 PM
you guys had better be extra careful of all the size 54 bikes... they come up here next!
-s

Climb01742
02-04-2006, 04:06 AM
Hope to see some of you this weekend, or on later demos!

James

james, any plans for a boston demo?

Ken Robb
02-04-2006, 10:32 AM
the schedule for the demo fleet is posted on the Serotta site.

Climb01742
02-04-2006, 03:29 PM
the schedule for the demo fleet is posted on the Serotta site.

ken, i had heard thru the grapevine that one hadn't yet been officially scheduled but that it was being considered; was just curious if the mulling had lead anywhere yet.

Serotta_James
02-04-2006, 10:33 PM
We're trying to nail down all of our assets right now before we can figure out the rest of the schedule - vehicles, bikes, staffing. If everything goes according to plan, we'll be visiting almost all of our dealers this year - or at least doing demos in most major areas.

Great day at Hi-Tech today. Their new store is quite awesome.

Stay tuned to the demo section of the website in the coming weeks.

James