PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any one catch Top Gear's bit on Cycling

jghall
03-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Some good chuckles.

batman1425
03-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Watching it as I type. I know it is satirical humor, and appreciate it as such. The sad part is that the majority of the driving public really thinks like that.

Gummee
03-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Watching it as I type. I know it is satirical humor, and appreciate it as such. The sad part is that the majority of the driving public really thinks like that.

This

I was laughing when was watching the 'PSA-s' cause I knew where they were coming from. Who knew C. Boardman was such an actor?!

M

deechee
03-11-2014, 09:27 AM
I loved the Red or Green, learn the bloody difference.

earlfoss
03-11-2014, 09:34 AM
I have always thought that they should have Tom Boonen on as a guest. The guy is one of the best cyclists in the world and he loves supercars. It would be cool to see him in the reasonably priced car!

jamesau
03-12-2014, 01:44 PM
I loved the Red or Green, learn the bloody difference.
Couldn't stop laughing. Here's a link for now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7aKLuHK7k

Keith A
03-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Yep...I saw it too. I was glad to see that they did find some real positives about cycling.

Gummee
03-12-2014, 03:03 PM
If you watched the show instead of taking things out of context, you would have seen that they were so 'over the top stupid' as to be comical.

Taken out of context? I can see where there could be bad feelings.

M

John Price
03-13-2014, 09:02 AM
My wife's jaw dropped when they showed a guy dressed as Hitler on a bike.

That Red/Green, know the bloody difference was great.

oldpotatoe
03-13-2014, 09:28 AM
If you watched the show instead of taking things out of context, you would have seen that they were so 'over the top stupid' as to be comical.

Taken out of context? I can see where there could be bad feelings.

M

Yep, first blush, it kinda pissed me off but they are entertainers, not news reporters... So they were trying to look dopey, with all the tags on their clothes. As much as Clarkson smokes, I'm surprised he didn't have a heart attack.

Gummee
03-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Yep, first blush, it kinda pissed me off but they are entertainers, not news reporters... So they were trying to look dopey, with all the tags on their clothes. As much as Clarkson smokes, I'm surprised he didn't have a heart attack.

Based on what I saw, he was doing acceptably at JRA. Dunno how long they were *actually* riding, but they said something about 3hrs (or so I don't remember exactly)

...and amazingly, they started riding a lot like the 'regular' riders after a bit. How bout that?! Goes to show that the people riding in that kind of traffic ride a certain way for pretty good reasons.

M

uno-speedo
03-13-2014, 12:11 PM
I think Clarkson quit a number of years ago (but I'm probably wrong) but I do think Captain Slow smokes.

greenrositti
04-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Loved the bit they did recently showing Clarkson's new t-shirt thanking motorists for allowing him to use their roads. Those guys are quite funny.

Dave B
04-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Clarkson has begun riding quite a bit around his town and has lost weight as a result. Hammond and May have always ridden and enjoy it.

Their spoof was fantastic and done well. Bordman was great and those guys played along brilliantly. Best show on TV.