"This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."
Bradshaw felt
special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the
porch, he
noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3 story
mansion
with a blue and white sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flag pole with an
enormous
SEAHAWKS flag, and in every window a blue Towel.

Bradshaw looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be
ungrateful, but
I have a question. I was an all-pro quarterback, I hold many NFL
records, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said, "So what's your point Bradshaw?"
"Well, why does Matt Hasselbeck get a better house than me?"
God chuckled, and said, "Terry, that's not Matt's house, it's
mine."

GO SEAHAWKS

Sandy
02-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Very cute story!

Seahawk Steeler Serotta Sandy

Bill Bove
02-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Steelers by three in overtime.

dave thompson
02-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Steelers by three in overtime.
Neva happin'!!!

Sandy
02-03-2006, 09:08 PM
So exactly what do you think will happen? Steelers by 35 in regulation?? :)

Seahawk Steeler Sandy

Ozz
02-03-2006, 10:15 PM
So exactly what do you think will happen? Steelers by 35 in regulation?? :)

Seahawk Steeler Sandy
Overconfidence is a wonderful thing.....if you are a Seahawk fan.

The Seahawks are better prepared, play better team ball, and have a better attitude.

Pittsburgh on the other hand, has a coach that gets conservative in the big games, a second year quarterback that choked in his big game last year, a weak, one-dimensional offense, and players that talk too much.

OK - that's the trash talk. In reality, both teams are great and pretty evenly matched offense to defense, defense to offense. Frankly, I think the game is too close to call. Look at the betting lines - Steelers by 4??? Where is the "Steeler Nation" and their huge fan base putting their money?

Bottomline, I still pick Holmgren over Cowher, and Hasselbeck over Rothliesburger when it comes to a big game.

My call: Seahawks 24-17

Kevin
02-04-2006, 05:13 AM
How about my Giants :crap:

Kevin

Ray
02-04-2006, 05:52 AM
Bottomline, I still pick Holmgren over Cowher, and Hasselbeck over Rothliesburger when it comes to a big game.
I hope you're right - I have a lot more allegiance to the Seahawks (lived there for about 15 years and they've never been to the Show) than the Steelers (I live in PA, but the OTHER side of the state and they've won a few, no?). But Hassleback hasn't been in any more big games than Big Ben. And it's not like Ben hasn't been rilly rilly good in some VERY big games over the past few weeks. And old blockjaw sure hasn't been conservative THIS post-season.

I still come down to how evenly matched they seem to be. Can't really call it. My heart goes with Seattle. My brain almost goes with Pittsburg. I guess that's why they play 'em.

-Ray

Ozz
02-04-2006, 08:34 AM
...I still come down to how evenly matched they seem to be. ...

Exactly! I didn't say Holmgren and Hasselbeck were light years better, just better in my book. Holmgren doesn't choke, and Hasselbeck has more experience....that gives them an edge. It may be razor thin, but still an edge. Mistake-free ball will win the game.

Truth be told, my two favorite NFL teams are playing on Sunday. Before Seattle had a team, I rooted for the Steelers...I liked the black uniforms, the logo on only one side of the helmet, and they were winners.

I still pull for them unless they are playing the Seahawks.

I'm looking forward to a great game!

Now if the power will just stay on....biggest wind storm of the year is blowing thru the area today. My lights are flickering as I type! :crap:

saab2000
02-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Is there still football? The Packers season ended weeks ago..... I assumed that that was the end of it since they rotted all year.

Packers - 12 NFL championships and counting...............

dave thompson
02-04-2006, 08:51 AM
I think this is appropriate, hopefully not repetitive. I don't think you can get too much of a good thing.

I've sent this pic to friends, telling them that it's a preview of the picture on the front page of the sports section from their newspaper on Monday.

Ray
02-04-2006, 08:53 AM
It may be razor thin, but still an edge. Mistake-free ball will win the game.

I'm looking forward to a great game!

OTOH, it could be a major blowout as so many Supes end up being. But I'll be damned if I could predict which team would win that blowout.

Saab - the Packers suck, but take some solace in Holmgren, Hassleback, and Rhodes (all from the Pack family) being back at the big game.

-Ray

Ozz
02-04-2006, 08:57 AM
OTOH, it could be a major blowout as so many Supes end up being. But I'll be damned if I could predict which team would win that blowout.
I think both defenses are too good to let a blowout happen...my fear is that it will be a grind-fest decided by a field goal on the last possession. Like you said, pick the team if this happens.

If the Seahawk offense can move against the Steelers, it will be an enjoyable day! And I think they will do just fine.

William
02-04-2006, 09:46 AM
As one who was there for the rise of the Hawks, went to games in the kingdome, and has seen them come close before, I've got to pull for the Hawks.

:banana:

William

Ozz
02-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Way to go Warren Moon! Hall of Fame on first try.

"Moon's transient career took him from the CFL, where he won five straight Grey Cups, to Houston as a free agent in 1984. He also played for Minnesota, Seattle and Kansas City and completed his career with 51,061 yards of total offense and 313 touchdowns."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5305930

Steve Hampsten
02-05-2006, 01:08 AM
I watched my first football game in 20 years two Sundays ago, when the Seahawks beat South Carolina. Now I'm hooked - for this season at least.

Tomorrow we ride in the am, and eat brats (Go Packers, eh!) in the pm. I hope Seattle wins and I'm sure we're just happpy to be (t)here.

More importantly, Monday and the rest of the week should bring sun. Work will be missed, but not by much.

bironi
02-05-2006, 01:25 AM
I too will ride on Sunday morning, and I am so hyped for some sun and dry roads in the next week. I will be able to bring out my De Rosa, and leave my rain gear at home. Sweet!!!! The Seaslugs have become SeaHawks in one season. Amazing!

The afternoon will be filled with good company, good food, good beer, and too many commercials and bad filler, but I'll take the good with the bad, either way I will be one happy guy on the dry roads the day after.

Byron

dave thompson
02-05-2006, 11:15 PM
:crap:

Bill Bove
02-06-2006, 02:13 AM
:crap:
Ah Dave, as someone who grew up loving the Red Sox all I can say is "Wait till next year".

William
02-06-2006, 04:28 AM
What can you say? Seattle blew some big plays with stupid penelties, missed perfect passes, and questionalable plays at critical times. Not to mention apperaing to be confused at the end of the half, and the end of the game. On paper, the better team lost. When it counted, the Steelers were the better team.

William

PS: I don't care how you slice it, the reviewd play on whether the ball crossed the goal line that resulted in a Steeler TD was called wrong. According to the official William's Precision Straight Edge, that when held on the screen in conjunction with the Goal Line camera, clearly showed that the ball never broke the plane of the Goal Line. The official that made that call clearly deserves a right straight knee to the midsection followed by a left vertical down elbow to the cranium. :butt:

Brought to you by:
William's Precision Straight Edge Always 100% accurate or your money back!!!

(Which you won't need because it's NEVER WRONG!!!)

Ken Robb
02-06-2006, 06:09 PM
I thought the ball was on the plane while he was still up high then he got pushed back. He surely wasn't over when he hit the ground but by then he had already scored. I didn't see any callable push-off that robbed Seattle of one TD though.

BarryG
02-06-2006, 06:26 PM
I didn't see any callable push-off that robbed Seattle of one TD though.
Or a holding penalty that robbed them of the ball on the 1 yard line.

SBash
02-06-2006, 06:34 PM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTE5Nzk4NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

William
02-07-2006, 04:14 AM
William's Precision Straight Edge Always 100% accurate......IT"S NEVER WRONG!

William ;)

PS: The games over and the Steelers were the better team on the day. Congrats.

BarryG
02-07-2006, 07:07 AM
The games over and the Steelers were the better team on the day.
Nah, the Hawks outplayed the Steelers in the game I watched.