PDA

View Full Version : Cool Bike Documentaries/Movie(s)?

1happygirl
03-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Apologies if posted recently but looks fun to watch. I can't wait to get on DVD just to see. I just wanna see the cycling.

halftheroad.com

Has anyone seen it?

Can you guys/gals think of any more that are out recently? (maybe I'm slow and this one has been out a while?) Good stuff. I can't wait for winter to stop.

mgm777
03-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Ride the Divide - MTB documentary - Divide Trail Race

Rising from Ashes - Documentary about the beginnings of Rwanda's first professional cycling team, from origin through the London Olympics.

I enjoyed both of these.

Black Dog
03-07-2014, 05:34 PM
La course en tete

The Greatest Show on Earth

A Sunday in Hell

Stars and water Carriers

here (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL09gmmbPRZ_stNUraKqjiZ6bmexzJS78Q) is a you tube play list of some tour history

zetroc
03-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Reveal the Path (from the makers of Ride the Divide)

It's on Netflix.

1happygirl
03-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Great!!!
Hadn't heard about rising from ashes or reveal the path. Those are new to me
Thanks for the you tube links
Thanks

ultraman6970
03-07-2014, 09:15 PM
What about lie? Saw it and the thing was quite good IMO.

sw3759
03-07-2014, 10:09 PM
i recently recorded on the dvr a documentary called "the ride" from one of the movie channels but haven't actually took the time to watch it yet.
maybe someone else here has actualy watched it.

this is the description i found when i did a search....

Join Phil Keoghan from the hit television series "The Amazing Race" as he bike rides across America, averaging 100 miles a day. Witness Phil's ultimate journey as if you were right there with him. You will laugh, cry, and feel absolute joy.

RedRider
03-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Cheetah: The Nelson Vails Story. It's a documentary that is touring the country. Nelson Vails is at many of the screenings and uses it to benefit local charities. He is a great guy with a great story.

Fixed
03-07-2014, 11:44 PM
La course en tete

The Greatest Show on Earth

A Sunday in Hell

Stars and water Carriers

here (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL09gmmbPRZ_stNUraKqjiZ6bmexzJS78Q) is a you tube play list of some tour history
This
Cheers

wasfast
03-08-2014, 06:36 AM
i recently recorded on the dvr a documentary called "the ride" from one of the movie channels but haven't actually took the time to watch it yet.
maybe someone else here has actualy watched it.

this is the description i found when i did a search....

Join Phil Keoghan from the hit television series "The Amazing Race" as he bike rides across America, averaging 100 miles a day. Witness Phil's ultimate journey as if you were right there with him. You will laugh, cry, and feel absolute joy.

It's on Amazon Prime and I watched it. It's pretty good for a documentary-ish sort of movie. Those sort of trips always have grand adventures that you can never predict which make them fun and stick with the actual people for the rest of their lives. Good cast of folks. I'd recommend it.

kirke
03-08-2014, 07:03 AM
Not documentaries, but...

Breaking Away
American Flyers
Quicksilver

Look these up if you haven't seen them. All mandatory viewing!

oldpotatoe
03-08-2014, 07:11 AM
The Triplets of Belleville- see if you can spot Merckx and the dog makes it.

Overcoming..if you can get past the 'doped to the gills' part

Hell on Wheels-same as above

carpediemracing
03-08-2014, 07:20 AM
I have or have seen many of the above flicks. Course en Tete, Sunday in Hell, etc.

One I didn't see mentioned is Race Across The Sky, about Leadville mtb. I only saw that in a theater but I thought it was good.

Also related ones like Hell on Wheels (Telekom), Quest 2 (Saunier Duval), Blood Sweat and Gears (Garmin).

Race Day (came with a Cyclops trainer) has a point of view coverage of Robbie Ventura at the National Crit Championships.

I also have a slew of race DVDs/videos. I find that I watch the race DVDs repeatedly, especially the ones that have the racers at the limit over and over. Some of my favorites are the 2005 Ghent Wevelgem, 2003 Liege (it features Tyler for those that care one way or another), the 1996 Ghent (40 km chase where the gap never goes above 25 seconds or so). I don't have it anymore but the 1995 Ghent was also spectacular with a strong tailwind leading to something like a 50 mph lead in to the line.

I watch the documentary types just once every couple years. Some I've only seen once.

carpediemracing
03-08-2014, 07:21 AM
I'll add that I liked "The Ride", about the ride across the country by Phil K, but I only saw it in a theater.

flydhest
03-08-2014, 11:03 AM
definitely Hell on Wheels. good cycling and mixes glamor of cycling with seamy underside Zabel is tough as nails, but run through the ringer.

rounder
03-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Richard Sachs - Imperfection Is Perfection

I think it is on youtube. It is Richard's story, but it will give you a good idea why so many here like custom steel bikes.