PDA

View Full Version : a good day...

AngryScientist
03-02-2014, 05:13 PM
nice Sunday around here. turned out a bit warmer than predicted. had a big breakfast with the family at a local diner, came home and mounted some brandy new vittorias to some old reliable wheels:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jjxmGhgA8Y/UxO4wUkJfEI/AAAAAAAABhk/Vj2JQBpXcEQ/s1600/IMG_1446.JPG

i extol the virtues of handbuilt wheels frequently myself, but it really is hard to beat a set of campy prebuilts. these wheels are just so solid, dependable and nice to ride, it's hard to out do them.

mounted them up to my comfortable old Colorado and off i went. still a lot of snow on the ground, and the pot hole situation is dreadful, but overall a beautiful day on the road. got to chat up a local college girl who was also out for a ride, picking up supplies for the dorm on a seasonable Sunday afternoon. She reminded me of how wonderful cycling is: riding an old crappy panasonic with stem shifters, just having a great time being out on the road. too cool.

just finished a big pasta dinner, complete with plenty of vino, garlic bread and delicious meatballs. a glass of good scotch is next up.

overall, an enjoyable, relaxing Sunday. life is good sometimes.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AjZ_r8y9UE8/UxO4wQa3YrI/AAAAAAAABho/zrpyRUpDB_g/s1600/IMG_1544.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QOGs8L41kBs/UxO4wTXzAPI/AAAAAAAABhs/QrddBX546io/s1600/IMG_1547.JPG

rugbysecondrow
03-02-2014, 05:19 PM
That outfit is NUTS. :)

I got a ride in this after noon, I got rained on towards to end, but it was nice to get some recovery miles in after a busy day at the gym yesterday.

Cheers!

Paul

tigoat
03-02-2014, 05:22 PM
It has been freezing rain and snowing all day today here. It is March and the weather is still crappy. Oh well mother nature!

tiretrax
03-02-2014, 05:36 PM
80 yesterday, 20's today. Lots of sleet and freezing rain - oh, and some thunder and lightning. Lots of accidents. I'm glad you got some nice weather in the NE, but more freezing weather is coming.

christian
03-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Lookin' skinny Angry, but those knicks are something else.

I wheeled around at Bethel; fun to race, but I can't shake the feeling when I race that I could be on a nice bike ride...

AngryScientist
03-02-2014, 06:02 PM
yea, just noticing, not the most flattering shot eh? but then again, it's cycling wear, i've given up on the dignity that come with lycra.

etu
03-02-2014, 06:26 PM
great ride in light rain and warm temps (50's) out here in the sf bay area
best of all, greeted by home made donuts afterwards!:banana:

ultraman6970
03-02-2014, 07:01 PM
In the morning here was descent, now will be freezing, even they suspended school for the kids in my county for tomorrow.

bobswire
03-02-2014, 07:03 PM
I think I found the perfect bike for you. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-11-COLNAGO-Master-X-Light-Road-Bike-52-Campagnolo-Athena-Chorus-11-Neutron-/321326938500?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item4ad093f984

AngryScientist
03-02-2014, 07:38 PM
I think I found the perfect bike for you. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-11-COLNAGO-Master-X-Light-Road-Bike-52-Campagnolo-Athena-Chorus-11-Neutron-/321326938500?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item4ad093f984

man that's nice Bob. someday i'll own a 'nago. someday.

cfox
03-02-2014, 07:55 PM
sounds like my kinda day. good one, Angry

spiderman
03-02-2014, 07:56 PM
man that's nice Bob. someday i'll own a 'nago. someday.

The Colorado IS the perfect bike for you
Absolutely love the riding wear!
To enjoy the first day of march with a road ride
Is awesome!
...compared to leaving tracks like this
At -33 on the wind chill...

weisan
03-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Angry-pal, so glad to hear you are in a blissful mood. We got hit by a cold front here in Austin yesterday night, it's been rainy and cold, below freezing right now, although it got up to 70 yesterday afternoon, pretty crazy. Looking forward to warmer weather on Wednesday again, to get back on my bike commute. Yep, I am a fair weather rider...:p

Like yourself, I am still looking for that elusive colnago someday but what's up with these crazy prices attached to 20-30-years-old frames. I understand it's a colnago but for heavens sake, Ernesto is still alive and kicking, it's not like the man has passed on.:rolleyes:
Yeah i know, ths whole legacy thing, winniest brand in bike history, world championships blah bah blah,...I am just cranky for the back of riding this weekend and no colnago. :cool:

oldpotatoe
03-03-2014, 07:28 AM
That outfit is NUTS. :)

I got a ride in this after noon, I got rained on towards to end, but it was nice to get some recovery miles in after a busy day at the gym yesterday.

Cheers!

Paul

I get it!!!

Doh!!!

phcollard
03-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Hey Nick that sounds like a great day. And you were able to turn not so good conditions (freezing and potholes!) into something actually enjoyable. Lesson learned for me today as I am starting to get really pi**ed off at the canadian winters. Why the hell did I move here!

Now those knickers... Do they make the same model for men? :D

zap
03-03-2014, 07:51 AM
as I am starting to get really pi**ed off at the canadian winters. Why the hell did I move here!

I enjoyed winters when I lived in Montreal (well, in the 'burbs). I was not into cycling much then, xc skiing was my sport. Helped that i could ski right from the house and spend hours in the woods.

I don't know whats worse, the handle bar or the red ;)

rugbysecondrow
03-03-2014, 08:08 AM
I get it!!!

Doh!!!

:banana: