PDA

View Full Version : OT trade for Treehouse brewing

jimcav
02-28-2014, 09:41 PM
I'd like to get some treehouse brewing beer, but it is only sold a the brewery in Monson MA, anyone near and want to trade for something in San Diego area--like Mother Earth, Alpine beer or perhaps for something bike related? For those not impressed by Socal Beer, I have stuff ( depending on the amount of beer, USE alien, aliante, enve 27.2 post...) i can trade for treehouse and heady topper (if it makes its way down to MA?)
thanks
jim
jacav2@cox.net

pdmtong
02-28-2014, 10:38 PM
I'd like to get some treehouse brewing beer, but it is only sold a the brewery in Monson MA, anyone near and want to trade for something in San Diego area--like Mother Earth, Alpine beer or perhaps for something bike related? For those not impressed by Socal Beer, I have stuff ( depending on the amount of beer, USE alien, aliante, enve 27.2 post...) i can trade for treehouse and heady topper (if it makes its way down to MA?)
thanks
jim
jacav2@cox.net

make sure the shipment is labeled olive oil...

moose8
02-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Treehouse is really good. I feel like it's one people haven't heard of. A friend brought some in a growler and I had never heard of it and had zero expectations but was totally surprised at how good it was.

Louis
02-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Whatever you do, don't use this label:

http://www.geekosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/godfather-part-ii.jpeg

tele
03-01-2014, 06:12 AM
I didnt realize they moved to Monson, a few of our local rides go by the "old" place in Brimfield. The hours there were wicked limited to weekends and there was a line before they opened. If it was still in Brimfield I could take a trip but going to Monson sux.

As far as Heady Topper, good luck. I cant really find it in Warren even though I'm over it now.

nighthawk
03-01-2014, 06:27 AM
I'm about an hour from there... unfortunately it's not a direction I usually head in. If I do find myself down that way some weekend, I'll definitely try and pick some up for you.

terry
03-01-2014, 08:44 AM
How does a guy from CA know about a beer from MA that I don't? I'm looking for new stuff all the time, esp from MA/New England, and haven't heard of this.

nighthawk
03-01-2014, 09:10 AM
How does a guy from CA know about a beer from MA that I don't? I'm looking for new stuff all the time, esp from MA/New England, and haven't heard of this.

Do you know this one yet? http://www.spencerbrewery.com/

Purported first American trappist brewery, right in Central MA.

Beer is very good but not mindblowingly great, avg price for trappist beers, I like the idea that it's local. I'm a sucker.

terry
03-01-2014, 10:08 AM
'Hawk-have had that one. Great to have so many choices.

jimcav
03-01-2014, 06:35 PM
and i am a bit picky, i don't believe that any cold beer is a good beer. being in the navy, i've had to visit several areas of the country, and wherever i have been, i try local stuff, and ask, and read.

Still, when i go to the local craft beer stores, there are dozens of labels i know nothing about.

thanks to those willing to trade with me!
jim

jimcav
03-01-2014, 06:36 PM
got to talking to some locals at our pre-race dinner.
jim

quag
04-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Did you ever have any luck finding someone to get you some beer? I rode by the new location last weekend and rode home with a growler on my back. Great way to motivate myself to get out and ride!

shovelhd
04-11-2014, 04:18 PM
I could swing by there tomorrow if the OP still wants some. PM me.

sandyrs
04-11-2014, 04:30 PM
I hate to contribute this without an offer of immediate help but for the record, Julius is the best beer I've ever had. Better than Heady Topper, Pliny the Elder etc. If I manage to get out there any time soon I'll message you.

nighthawk
04-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Just curious if anyone had any insight into actually shipping beer across the country... Like packing advise or best carrier to use? Any laws or restrictions to be concerned with? Feel free to PM if its more appropriate.

After a few more busy work weeks/weekends I should be able to make it over to Treehouse, and will gladly pick up some extra to trade.

zmudshark
04-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Technically, it's probably not legal to ship beer for most people.

Actually, people do it all the time.

nighthawk
04-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Technically, it's probably not legal to ship beer for most people.

I'm more interested in the actual than the technical. ;)

ptourkin
04-11-2014, 06:43 PM
If any of you East Coasters are tempted, let me assure you that Alpine Brewing makes some spectacular stuff, which is very highly allocated. It's also made down the street from where the world's best ti/carbon road bikes are brewed. :bike:

bobswire
04-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Just curious if anyone had any insight into actually shipping beer across the country... Like packing advise or best carrier to use? Any laws or restrictions to be concerned with? Feel free to PM if its more appropriate.

After a few more busy work weeks/weekends I should be able to make it over to Treehouse, and will gladly pick up some extra to trade.

Just buy the dehydrated powder he can add water to it later. Kinda like kool-ade.

Or read this.... http://barlowbrewing.com/2010/11/11/how-to-pack-and-ship-beer/

nighthawk
04-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Just buy the dehydrated powder he can add water to it later. Kinda like kool-ade.

Thanks, Bob. That was actually very helpful... Common sense of course on the packing... But also good advice on different shippers. Cheers!

JAGI410
04-11-2014, 08:40 PM

Nice link, thanks! When I ship beer, I usually include a small box of dry, 99 cent pasta. The sound masks the sloshing sound of the liquid.

alessandro
04-14-2014, 01:19 PM
:DTechnically, it's probably not legal to ship beer for most people.

I'm more interested in the actual than the technical. ;)

What's in the box? Oh, just a couple of bottles of maple syrup. :D

jh_on_the_cape
04-14-2014, 01:34 PM
While I really enjoy good beer and spend $$ on it, I don't get the craziness over hard to find beers. I get Lawson's finest in VT when I am up there, and people will wait in crazy lines for it during July 4 and other holidays. I get it frequently and it's great, but not that much better than other fine brews.

Right now I am enjoying Jack's Abbey Jabby Brau and/or Sunshine Pilsner. But I wouldn't pay to have it shipped cross country! I have been thinking of riding up to the brewery in Framingham, but then how would I get back, too tipsy to pedal?

Oh well, enjoy! I grew up near Monson, MA.