PDA

View Full Version : Like the Ergonomics of the 10 speed Ultegra Brifter

Smiley
02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
much better then the DurAce , I find the thicker mid section of the Ultgra more comfortable , am I the only one ? Please help me :banana:

vaxn8r
02-02-2006, 05:20 PM
I have both and haven't noticed much difference in feel or any difference in performance. Now the cost, that's where I could really feel it.

I like 'em both and for that reason would not buy DA again.

Smiley
02-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Vax , can you get the Ultegra's to ride up on the bends of the bars as far as the DA , and you really don't even feel the throw of both being different ? The price from Total Cycling is so good for Ultegra that to me its a no brainer.

Too Tall
02-02-2006, 07:32 PM
There is a diff. in the profile between DA10 and Ultegra10? Reallllly? Oh.

vaxn8r
02-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Vax , can you get the Ultegra's to ride up on the bends of the bars as far as the DA , and you really don't even feel the throw of both being different ? The price from Total Cycling is so good for Ultegra that to me its a no brainer.
Slight difference in "throw" feel. But after about 2 minutes on the bike I can't tell anymore. They are that close. Ultegra is the best bang for the buck out there. I still opt for a DA crank because its a work of art...and DA or comparable wheels but Ultegra everything else.

Climb01742
02-03-2006, 03:20 AM
both are such a big improvement over the 9-speed brifters. i can't tell a real difference in feel between DA and ultegra except here: it seems i can feather the position of the FD more subtly on DA. otherwise, a toss-up.

Smiley
02-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Thanks guys , the price difference is so huge it does not makes sense to take that big of a $$$ hit on a not so light to begin with frame. This is my Unicasi project that I await a final draft on.

Serotta PETE
02-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys , the price difference is so huge it does not makes sense to take that big of a $$$ hit on a not so light to begin with frame. This is my Unicasi project that I await a final draft on.

Share with us how you are building it and with what. THANKS PETE