PDA

View Full Version : truing stands

coylifut
02-02-2006, 12:16 PM
I think I'm going to buy myself a new truing stand. the one I have bites. Besides the Park TS2 are there any others I should consider for home use?

Thank you

cpg
02-02-2006, 12:18 PM
The Park has become the industry norm. The VAR one is cool if you can find it. It's not as user friendly as the Park. But it makes up for it in that French sort of way.

Curt

D-Squared
02-02-2006, 05:14 PM
There is always the Park TS-3 -- especially cool if you get the dial indicators.

coylifut
02-02-2006, 06:03 PM
There is always the Park TS-3 -- especially cool if you get the dial indicators.

i think that's a bit out of my league

Needs Help
02-02-2006, 08:52 PM
This is the Serotta forum. Top of the line, most expensive otherwise don't bother. :)

Peter
02-02-2006, 09:39 PM
I know you're looking for an alternative to the Park, but I don't have one to offer.

My Park TS-2 is 25 years old and still going strong. Be sure and get a dishing tool, too- I've found that even after centering it with a jig that it still is subject to variation in dish based on how hard you tighten the hub in the uprights.

And consider Park's spoke tension meter. Though I don't think it's essential, it adds a measure of "comfort" in knowing your tension is as even across the spokes as can be. I won't call my tension meter indispensible or necessary, but it complements my methods.