PDA

View Full Version : NAHBS 2014 roll call...

Liv2RideHard
02-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Who is gonna be there? My brother and I are driving up from Orlando on Thursday the 13th. Hotel booked.

Bringing bikes? We are. Boyd (Boyd Wheels) is organizing some daily rides. They will be short in nature so those that are exhibiting can get back in time.

On Saturday we are thinking a longer ride is in order. Morrow Mountain or something similar? Any of y'all interested? Know any decent routes outside Charlotte with quiet roads and some scenery?

Looking forward to meeting some of y'all up there.

Guy

Dave Wages
02-26-2014, 01:07 PM
I'll definitely be there, and I'm toying with the idea of bringing a bike to ride if I can squeeze it in with all the show bikes. I hope the weather is nice, I could use some warmth!

I hope all the Paceline folks will stop by the Ellis booth and say hi!

Cheers,
Dave

Joachim
02-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Doing the Boyd ride on Saturday morning before the show. Should be a 2hr ride and bringing the Firefly.

kramnnim
02-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Lots of nice, quiet roads with great scenery up towards Taylorsville/Wilkesboro. Bit more of a drive than Morrow Mountain, though...

RedRider
02-26-2014, 01:12 PM
I will be there with bike. Not sure which one to bring...
Looking forward to putting names and faces to the Paceliners.

Liv2RideHard
02-26-2014, 01:13 PM
I'll definitely be there, and I'm toying with the idea of bringing a bike to ride if I can squeeze it in with all the show bikes. I hope the weather is nice, I could use some warmth!

I hope all the Paceline folks will stop by the Ellis booth and say hi!

Cheers,
Dave

Looking forward to meeting you man and seeing those bikes from your Builders Spotlight in person!

cheers

FlashUNC
02-26-2014, 01:15 PM
I'll be there with bells on.

Lovetoclimb
02-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Organizing some rides with Lundbeck Cycles and Campagnolo. I wonder if all the planned group rides will be at the same time. I am not keen on 7am ish ride times, not sure what time Max has to be back as his booth. Anyway stop in and say hey, we will be setting up Thursday afternoon and drinking some scotch.

Liv2RideHard
02-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Organizing some rides with Lundbeck Cycles and Campagnolo. I wonder if all the planned group rides will be at the same time. I am not keen on 7am ish ride times, not sure what time Max has to be back as his booth. Anyway stop in and say hey, we will be setting up Thursday afternoon and drinking some scotch.

Any chance you can share the details? My bikes are all Campy if that helps....

Would be nice to tag along with others that know the area and are going longer and not starting so early. Thanks!

oldpotatoe
02-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Very retro looking Vamoots with 80th anniversary group, tell me what ya think.

SPOKE
02-26-2014, 05:05 PM
Me an my girlfriend will be there on Saturday.
She'll get to experience my "sickness" in a little more detail...;)

RedRider
02-26-2014, 05:15 PM

The one with the funny looking face on it? lol!

oldpotatoe
02-26-2014, 05:49 PM
The one with the funny looking face on it? lol!

I get to see it this Friday....I'll let ya know

Exonerv
02-26-2014, 05:57 PM
As we're just up the road from the event, my son and I plan to attend on Friday and/or Saturday. Look for a gray bearded fellow and his 6'9" sidekick.

Lovetoclimb
02-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Any chance you can share the details? My bikes are all Campy if that helps....

Would be nice to tag along with others that know the area and are going longer and not starting so early. Thanks!

No details just yet, I need to send some routes to Max and he will pass them on to his Campagnolo contact. It might be such a ride where people with SRAM are denied access!

SamIAm
02-26-2014, 08:51 PM
My wife and I will be there.

kenmetzger
02-27-2014, 08:03 AM
We are closing for the weekend and bringing the whole shop (just 4 of us). Would be interested in knowing about some road rides that might be going on. Considering joining a ride from Durham on Friday.

SPOKE
02-27-2014, 08:21 AM
We are closing for the weekend and bringing the whole shop (just 4 of us). Would be interested in knowing about some road rides that might be going on. Considering joining a ride from Durham on Friday.

Hi Ken,
I'm in Raleigh too.....what shop are you with??

fellowpicker
02-27-2014, 08:35 AM
I am flying in from Albuquerque on Friday and my sister is driving up from Florida. She is volunteering for a shift at the show on Saturday. I've never been to one of these shows and my excitement is definitely growing daily.

I've got a son in grad school at Clemson and we are meeting him for dinner in Greenville, SC one of the nights.

Killer bikes and family, just doesn't get any better!!

kenmetzger
02-27-2014, 08:44 AM
Hi Ken,
I'm in Raleigh too.....what shop are you with??

Oak City Cycling Project

Pete Mckeon
02-27-2014, 02:53 PM
I can make a threesome AT EVENT now:banana: PETE

Me an my girlfriend will be there on Saturday.
She'll get to experience my "sickness" in a little more detail...;)

Keith A
02-27-2014, 04:20 PM
I was hoping to make this one, but alas I have a wedding on that Saturday :crap:

SPOKE
02-27-2014, 05:59 PM
I can make a threesome AT EVENT now:banana: PETE

Silly boy.........driving up for the day.

Hawker
02-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Planning on driving up with a friend from Atlanta. Not sure if we're riding?

SPOKE
02-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Oak City Cycling Project

That's great Ken! I'll stop in for a visit.

R2D2
02-28-2014, 08:33 AM
I'll be there shopping for someone to build a PBP special for me.
But I've been pretty ill with a sinus infection etc.
Hopefully I can do some riding but feeling pretty puny now.
But time to get well and start training for the long miles.

PaMtbRider
02-28-2014, 10:28 PM
We plan to drive down on Thursday and return on Sunday. Probably won't bother bringing bikes along.

BumbleBeeDave
03-02-2014, 10:05 AM
. . . and with me still job hunting, I actually have the time open. Riding with Boyd with his wheels on the Queen Bee would be particularly sweet. I could also squeeze the CX bike in the car if there are dirt roads.

But budget is a consideration . . . Anybody have any room for rent cheap to spread out a sleeping bag? I don't snore . . . much. :rolleyes:

BBD

oldpotatoe
03-05-2014, 09:26 AM

picture doesn't do it justice...

Liv2RideHard
03-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Considering this loop for Saturday morning. About 65 miles and 4k'ish feet of climbing. There is a GPX file for the Garmin's that we will download. Out of Locust, NC. Not far from Charlotte. Seems to be a popular route. Hoping the weather cooperates.

http://www.mapmyride.com/us/locust-nc/assault-on-morrow-mountain-route-39907700

Guy

Fixed
03-05-2014, 09:40 AM

Simply elegant
Cheers

jr59
03-05-2014, 09:48 AM

please no extra holes in this one

BumbleBeeDave
03-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Considering this loop for Saturday morning. About 65 miles and 4k'ish feet of climbing. There is a GPX file for the Garmin's that we will download. Out of Locust, NC. Not far from Charlotte. Seems to be a popular route. Hoping the weather cooperates.

http://www.mapmyride.com/us/locust-nc/assault-on-morrow-mountain-route-39907700

Guy

This should provide a, uh, "refreshing" change from the winter spin class routine. :eek:

Is this the same ride Boyd of Boyd Wheels is doing on Saturday?

BBD

Liv2RideHard
03-05-2014, 10:49 AM
No. Boyd's ride are different. His rides will start early, like 0700'ish and go for an hour or so in and around Charlotte. He is starting them early so he and others can get back to the hall as exhibitors.

We will do Boyd's ride on Friday morning. We just want to go longer on Saturday so I threw the Morrow Mtn loop out as an option. We will watch the forecast, see what it will do. If the weather cooperates, we can firm up a time and location for the Morrow Mtn loop ride.

cheers

This should provide a, uh, "refreshing" change from the winter spin class routine. :eek:

Is this the same ride Boyd of Boyd Wheels is doing on Saturday?

BBD

kramnnim
03-14-2014, 06:00 AM
So...what are the final plans for the Saturday rides?

Wasn't planning to do any of them, but the weather Saturday looks quite nice, and Sunday will be ugly. :(

Liv2RideHard
03-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Meet out front of the Convention center at 0715.

kramnnim
03-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Ah, so not enough interest in Morrow Mountain...