PDA

View Full Version : What brands make long arm warmers?

sandyrs
02-21-2014, 10:10 AM
At 6'5" with not-very-muscular arms (double elbow tendinitis means I couldn't put on much arm mass even if I wanted to, ha), I have a hard time finding arm warmers that fit me. I've had very good luck with Defeet's L/XL size and have a couple pairs of theirs, but I'm curious to know if anyone has had success with any other brands. For reference, Rapha's size L is both too loose around my bicep and too short (it comes to about 4" up my arm from my wrist when the other end of the warmer is positioned correctly).

Exonerv
02-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Here's a thought...

I picked up a pair of smartwool knee warmers a year or so ago. The things are so incredibly tight on my legs, I use 'em for arm warmers. My 6'9" son says they are plenty long on him.

They may have redesigned them since I bought mine, but it's easy enough to check at an REI. I'm betting they'll be cheap this time of year as well.

David Kirk
02-21-2014, 01:37 PM
I have some Cima Coppi wool arm warmers that fit my long skinny arms perfectly. They want your measurements and then to make them to fit.

It's worth checking out their site.

dave

DerekB
02-21-2014, 01:43 PM
I have a pair of Specialized arm warmers that are quite long. I don't remember the exact model; I think I have XL. I wear 34/35 inch shirt sleeves and have Goldilocks (not too big not too small) arms.

skijoring
02-21-2014, 02:31 PM
At 6'5" with not-very-muscular arms (double elbow tendinitis means I couldn't put on much arm mass even if I wanted to, ha), I have a hard time finding arm warmers that fit me. I've had very good luck with Defeet's L/XL size and have a couple pairs of theirs, but I'm curious to know if anyone has had success with any other brands. For reference, Rapha's size L is both too loose around my bicep and too short (it comes to about 4" up my arm from my wrist when the other end of the warmer is positioned correctly).

I can't imagine anyone improving on DeFeet warmers. They are long, stay put, come in synthetic and a warm wool blend. :banana:

blessthismess
02-21-2014, 02:55 PM
^^^^ Deefet armskins. Definitely the best bang for your buck.
USA made as well

rwsaunders
02-21-2014, 03:17 PM
I wear a 35" shirt sleeve and I consider both the DeFeet warmers the lighter weight PI warmers in size L to be just beyond their limit at that length.

donevwil
02-21-2014, 03:21 PM
USA made as well

The S/M & L/XL sizing didn't work for me (6' 5" w/ 37.5" sleeve). I have a L/XL pair from ~6 years ago and they're both way too short and too tight. Love the material though. Wonder if sizing has been revised.

sandyrs
02-21-2014, 05:55 PM
USA made as well

I can't disagree. That's why I own three pairs of them. I'm more just interested in learning about other options as a change of pace. Thanks for the tip on Cima Coppi Dave!

rippledabs
02-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Pearl Imuzi are really long. I pull it up to my shoulders, and it still bunches up a the wrist.