PDA

View Full Version : DT 350 hub versus DT 240 or WI T11

dekindy
02-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Not as much information on the internet as I had hoped and hard to get a clear picture.

Wondering how significant the difference is between the DT 350 versus the more expensive hubs? I understand the weight and finish differences but the internals and how much more durable the more expensive hubs are, better build capabilities, and other considerations are difficult to discern. Want to rebuild future wheels around the hubs so willing to pay more is there is a clear difference other than weight and finish.

FlashUNC
02-21-2014, 08:26 AM
The internals of the 350 and 240 are identical. No functional difference other than the weight.

The T11s are really nice hubs as well, though I'm not the biggest fan of their aesthetics.

kramnnim
02-21-2014, 09:00 AM
The T11s are really nice hubs as well, though I'm not the biggest fan of their aesthetics.

:confused:

They aren't timelessly classy like Record from the 10sp era, but I figured you would think T11's look a lot better than DT hubs with the big decals... :)

FWIW, I'm very happy with my T11's...

FlashUNC
02-21-2014, 09:07 AM
:confused:

They aren't timelessly classy like Record from the 10sp era, but I figured you would think T11's look a lot better than DT hubs with the big decals... :)

FWIW, I'm very happy with my T11's...

The black hubs with the laser etched silver logos drive me crazy. Their silver hubs are fine, but I preferred their prior gen ones with the more bulbous hub shell.

The heart wants what the heart wants, I suppose. Though I'm still shamelessly a Campy hub man.

oldpotatoe
02-21-2014, 09:21 AM
Not as much information on the internet as I had hoped and hard to get a clear picture.

Wondering how significant the difference is between the DT 350 versus the more expensive hubs? I understand the weight and finish differences but the internals and how much more durable the more expensive hubs are, better build capabilities, and other considerations are difficult to discern. Want to rebuild future wheels around the hubs so willing to pay more is there is a clear difference other than weight and finish.

No difference other than weight and country of manufacture between 350 and 240. Available drillings more for 240, innards identical. WI USA made, lotsa drillings, different bearing/axle adjust mechanism, titanium FH body, DT aluminum. WI some colors if that's yer bag. All 3 good hubs, better than CK, IMHO, which are too complicated, too proprietary.