PDA

View Full Version : Carl Strong

KirkKaas
01-31-2006, 10:44 PM
I am interested in any experiences/opinions that forum users have about Carl Strong frames. Feel free to pm or email me with information.
BTW for those who followed my heart attack saga last fall I have been cleared to get back on the bike, now if it would just stop raining here in Sattle.

Thanks
Kirk

Needs Help
02-01-2006, 08:58 AM
BTW for those who followed my heart attack saga last fall I have been cleared to get back on the bike
Nice to hear. Good luck to you.

93legendti
02-01-2006, 09:03 AM
I am interested in any experiences/opinions that forum users have about Carl Strong frames. Feel free to pm or email me with information.
BTW for those who followed my heart attack saga last fall I have been cleared to get back on the bike, now if it would just stop raining here in Sattle.

Thanks
Kirk

Working with Carl was easy. He built me exactly what I wanted and my Strong bike rides and looks great.

grateful
02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
I have spoken to Carl in depth and in person. I worked for a while for one of the high end manufacturers discussed on this forum and feel I have a good handle on all things bike. Carl knows his stuff and does beautiful work. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!

Sandy
02-01-2006, 10:10 AM
I have spoken to Carl in depth and in person. I worked for a while for one of the high end manufacturers discussed on this forum and feel I have a good handle on all things bike. Carl knows his stuff and does beautiful work. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!

Now that is one strong endorsement. :)

Super Strong Super Simple Serotta Sandy

William
02-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Glad you are ok and have the go ahead to ride.

I have no personal experience with Carl Strongs work, but I've heard good things.

William

PS: Being in the PNW, you are in the land of Bill Davidson who puts out some highly regarded work as well.

kbwheels
02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
I got my strong this last oct. and I have really enjoyed it. It's a full steel frame and fork. Carl is great to work with and it is great to call the shop and talk to "the man" that is building your bike. His work is excellent and his wait time is very easy to handle. I recieved my bike about 3 to 3.5 months after placing the order. If you want a bike from a one man shop I would highly recommend Carl for the job.

Sandy
02-01-2006, 10:34 AM
I think that I have only seen one cyclist with a Strong bike. He really liked it and said that the fit and experience in purchasing the bike were both excellent.

Sandy

93legendti
02-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Glad you are ok and have the go ahead to ride.

I have no personal experience with Carl Strongs work, but I've heard good things.

William

PS: Being in the PNW, you are in the land of Bill Davidson who puts out some highly regarded work as well.

And he owns the best basketball team and the best pro franchise in the USA! (probably a different Bill Davidson...)

terry b
02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Simply put, Carl is great to work with - he builds an exceptional product, he listens to what you have to say, he knows what he's talking about and he'll go far out of his way to make you satisfied with your bike.

He built my first custom and it was a great experience, especially considering that I had little clue about what I was asking for.

I'd use him again without a second thought.

timto
02-01-2006, 12:18 PM
I had the fortune of visiting Carl's shop in Bozeman.. the place was amazing - huge selection of tubing, cool machinery, it was super organized and clean. He spoke with such enthusiasm and pride when I got my tour. He is a great person to deal with - professional, courteous, intelligent and he has built bikes for some great companies too - the depth of experience and passion is there. All of this adds up to a great product (finish, welding, alignment) at a great value. I've had 3 frames built from him at various times. Each one reaffirms the high quality of it's maker.

I'm so please each time I ride mine.

Ozz
02-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Not to knock Carl Strong, but have you considered Bill Davidson? He's just down the road a bit from you....well, more like 30 miles, but you know what I mean. Uhhh....you know, what William said.

Glad to hear you're back on your bike! Yes, hopefully this rain will stop soon.

terry b
02-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Great bikes, worst custom building experience I've had the pleasure of enduring.

scrooge
02-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Great bikes, worst custom building experience I've had the pleasure of enduring.
Who, strong or davidson?

hypnos
02-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Carl made a fixed gear rig for me a couple of years ago. It is steel with really cool stainless steel track tips in the back. He's a great guy who does very nice work. He will bend over backward to make you happy with your purchase.

On the other hand, Serotta also crafts really nice frames. If you are looking for a TIG'ed steel frame, you could do no better than a CIII frame from Serotta. I have been very happy with mine for almost 11,000 miles.

Cheers,
Jeff