PDA

View Full Version : Finding matt black vinyl stickers

Robbos
02-18-2014, 12:43 PM
I managed to make a nice wheelset with two different, but very similar wheels: DT 585 front and Syncros RR2.0 rear. The 585 decals come off with the heat gun but the Syncros stickers are very hard to remove. Usually that would be a good thing but I want to make the wheels look the same. Soooo my question is,
anyone know where I could find thin black decals sheets that I can cut to cover up the decals? What I've seen on the web seem to be in large bulk quantities.
Ideas?
Thanks!
Robin

Birddog
02-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Try any nearby vinyl "Fast Signs" type of sign shop. They'll probably give you some scraps for free.

Robbos
04-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Worked like a charm, cost a buck, easy to apply and hides the logo differences.
Swish!

christian
04-21-2014, 08:20 PM
That's a real nice looking bicycle!

Peter P.
04-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Wow; somebody has a flair for style!

You're right; you can't notice the coverup at all.

Did that frame really come with a steel fork?

If you ever have thoughts of selling that frame, seek therapy first.

Cdale
04-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Worked like a charm, cost a buck, easy to apply and hides the logo differences.
Swish!

Like!!

Robbos
04-22-2014, 06:58 PM
Wow; somebody has a flair for style!

You're right; you can't notice the coverup at all.

Did that frame really come with a steel fork?

If you ever have thoughts of selling that frame, seek therapy first.

Thanks for the nice words! I've had the bike for over twelve years and its gone through a few changes, including replacing the carbon fork it came with with a steel fork made by Giuseppe Marinoni (photo attached is of him making my fork). Yes, most steel forks would probably be a hair lighter and stiffer laterally, but the fork soaks up our crappy roads nicely. Really oughta get this bike posted in the image gallery of this forum...

phcollard
04-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Nice job with that tape Rob. I'm a big fan of electrical tape myself when I mean to go stealth :) I have several rolls of different glossiness to match.

And awesome ride. I hope you will have time to ride it much more this year! Gimme a call when you want to ride the Mountain! :banana: