PDA

View Full Version : Park Tool Anti-Seize

campy man
02-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Is Park Tool Anti- Sieze(ASC-1)good with titanium frames? Is this a good product for the bottom bracket, rear derailleur and water bottle cages when assembling a Ti bicycle?

In the past I have used a Finish Line product specific to Ti frames.

maunahaole
02-17-2014, 10:01 PM
It is fine and just the same as the stuff that you can get at the auto parts store. If you have a ti frame go and get the jar with the brush in it. You will be using it more often when you pull the post and bb and reapply periodically.

oldpotatoe
02-18-2014, 05:59 AM
Is Park Tool Anti- Sieze(ASC-1)good with titanium frames? Is this a good product for the bottom bracket, rear derailleur and water bottle cages when assembling a Ti bicycle?

In the past I have used a Finish Line product specific to Ti frames.

Works fine everywhere you wish to use it. On Ti, steel, aluminum frames..what it's for.

maunahaole
02-18-2014, 09:31 AM
And be careful with it. It is a little bit toxic and you should limit skin contact, which is easier said than done. The stuff is sticky and seems to have a habit of getting on stuff that you don't want it to.

Cat3roadracer
02-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Wear your old pants too.

russ46
02-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Heed the warnings above! Anti-seize is a biological life form similar to an amoeba with slug-like characteristics. It flows & leaves a trail everywhere.

rice rocket
02-18-2014, 11:53 AM
I've been tin man for a few days at a time...

Tandem Rider
02-18-2014, 12:11 PM
IME anti-seize mainly comes in 2 flavors. With and without copper. (Unless you are working in a nuke plant). They can er I mean will both stain everything within 20 yards equally and permanently.