PDA

View Full Version : New banner ads

Louis
02-12-2014, 11:45 PM
It's nice to every now and then see some new banner ads at the top of the page.

Looking at the folks up there now, I'm glad to say that over the years I've done business with two of them.

Support the folks who support the forum.

Louis

AngryScientist
02-13-2014, 06:46 AM
thanks for noticing Louis.

what makes me happy is that each and every one of those vendors is someone who i have, or definitely would do business with. all good people who we are happy to have here.

a good reminder to check out the "vendors" subforum every now and then too, some good deals and exciting stuff happening there.

cheers.

RedRider
02-13-2014, 09:03 AM
As one of the banner ads, it's great to see the numbers growing. Much like the Forum is a great place to exchange ideas and opinions the banner ads will become a community of trusted vendors. Great idea from the Admins! :banana:

fkelly
02-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Interesting. We just had an issue on a local bike club web site that I help with where an advertiser couldn't see his ads. Investigating we found out that a Firefox (and Chrome) browser add-on named Adblock was blocking the ads. When I looked up at the top of my Paceline Forums screen I couldn't see any ads either. I run adblock. You can do tools/adblock and unblock a given site and I did for the Paceline.

I use Adblock because so many sites flood you with intrusive "expanding" ads that totally screw up the experience. This includes sites I already pay to access such as the NY Times. But for sites like Paceline and our bike club site, stifling the ads reduces one of the main sources of revenue. A real dilemma. And, unless you are aware of the issue for some other reason (my case) you won't even realize you are blocking the ads after a while.♠

rperks
02-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Thank you for the welcome Louis. This forum has helped me with a fair share of knowledge, and fun over the years of lurking. A couple of my customers are long time members, and that pushed me over the top to start contributing from all sides. I am looking forward to becoming a more integrated part of the community here

Rob

It's nice to every now and then see some new banner ads at the top of the page.

Looking at the folks up there now, I'm glad to say that over the years I've done business with two of them.

Support the folks who support the forum.

Louis