PDA

View Full Version : M...cycle what do you think ?

Fixed
02-12-2014, 10:28 AM
http://m.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/2014_yamaha_mt_07_first_ride/
Cheers

Tony
02-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Seems like every other year I start thinking I want a bike : ) I was able to test drive a FZ-09, very nice bike! I think this MT-07 would be great with an after market exhaust to bring out that parallel twin sound.

I've had several bikes, Honda CB 125, Yamaha RD 350, Kawasaki H2 750, and my last bike a highly modified Kawasaki Z1 900.
Years ago I was working for Dept of General Services. This building was on a very large and open parking lot. A kid with his girl friend, both wearing shorts and no helmet was racing up and down the parking lot when a car came around the building and hit the two. The girl was thrown off the bike, however the driver was not so lucky. I was the first person on the scene as I was having my lunch outside and watching the two before the accident. His left leg was broken, knee smashed, and the flesh peel open in a bad way. I held him down and told him not to look, it was awful. One month later a good friend was killed on his bike not far from my home.
Several weeks after my friends death I was detailing my Z1 up in my driveway. I put a lot of money into this bike, motor mods, custom swing arm, wheels, suspension....and was in love with it. My wife was also washing her car at that time in the lower part of our driveway. Two guys drove up and was asking her for directions. These two were not really interested in directions. As I watched this I was thinking to myself how pretty my wife is, how much I would lose if I ended screwed up not knowing monday from peanuts. Thinking over the years all the close calls, most all due to other drivers. I can't ever remember loving something so much and at that very moment wanting to get rid of it. Two weeks later I sold the bike. That was my last bike.

Gummee
02-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Nice story there Tony, but what's that got to do with the OP?

M

Tony
02-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Nice story there Tony, but what's that got to do with the OP?

M

Not much, Gummee. I did answer his question, "what do you think"
"I think this MT-07 would be great with an after market exhaust to bring out that parallel twin sound"

There has been a couple threads on motorcycles lately. I get that itch for one now and then, more so now that I'm retired. I guess I wanted to share my story with Fixed, the bikes I had, benchmark bikes, including the RD 350 mentioned in the article, and how you could love something and in one moment hate it.