PDA

View Full Version : Venting eBay frustrations

flyhippy
02-10-2014, 08:02 AM
So I have now "sold" my stumpjumper 3 times in the last two weeks on eBay. Each time, the buyer simply says, "oh, sorry, I miscalculated my financials by a few hundred bucks and there's no way I can make this happen", "sorry, money won't be available for a long time", or the best, the buyer who asked a couple questions, then just never responded again to me, or to the unpaid item dispute.

I truly do not understand why sellers cannot leave negative feedback?? There is zero recourse against non-paying bidders - if they request that you cancel the transaction, you have to do it or risk getting negative feedback, yet you can't leave any yourself.

Additionally, I'm not even doing an auction style listing - its buy it now or best offer. Don't make me an offer!! The last guy sent his offer, along with a big disclaimer that he could only offer xx amount because that is what bicyclebluebook said it was worth.

That being said, I'll also bump the FS thread here - This is why I sell here and not eBay!!!

Spin71
02-10-2014, 08:20 AM
There is a function where instant payment w/ paypal to complete the bid is required. Use that.

Dale Alan
02-10-2014, 08:49 AM
There is zero recourse against non-paying bidders - if they request that you cancel the transaction, you have to do it or risk getting negative feedback, yet you can't leave any yourself.

What happens if you don't cancel the transaction and they don't pay ? How can they leave negative feedback if the transaction was never completed ?

flyhippy
02-10-2014, 08:52 AM
What happens if you don't cancel the transaction and they don't pay ? How can they leave negative feedback if the transaction was never completed ?

The last I checked, you definitely do not have to complete a transaction to leave feedback (in fact, I just got positive feedback from one of the buyers who "purchased" my bike, on a transaction we cancelled). And if you don't cancel the transaction in some manner, then eBay assesses the 10% fee.

rice rocket
02-10-2014, 09:02 AM
You can filter out people who have unpaid auction strikes against them when you create the listing, but of course that lowers your potential for bidding wars. It's handled automatically iirc.

flyhippy
02-10-2014, 09:20 AM
There is a function where instant payment w/ paypal to complete the bid is required. Use that.

I'll take a run at listing it this way and see how it goes.