PDA

View Full Version : Hey Smiley

saab2000
01-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Mr. Smiley,

I almost met my first forum member today - you. I went into Spokes and got to talking. They asked me about the Forum and said that Smiley was coming in to get a new bike. Neato.

Have fun. Today was a nice ride out to near Leesburg and back.

Sandy
01-30-2006, 05:29 PM
So if a few of us slower guys would come out to Virginia to ride, would you ride with us? I know that you are one of those speedo dudes. Serious question. There are several Virginia forum members out in the Virginia/DC area.

Speedo Dud

Too Tall
01-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Saab - Come out and play :) Couple glorious days predicted this week....I gots lots of Belgians in the cool garage and a couiple 20 yr. old Scots in the cabinet. Hulooooo.

Smiley
01-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Saab , I was going to Spokes Vienna store tonight to get my fit re-checked , I ended up self diagnosing myself and had my wife re-check me by dropping the plumb to do the KOP thing on my home size cycle , traffic is just really bad to get to Virgina from Merryland , sorry I missed you, so next time give us a heads up and we'll ride especially on a 60 F day like today .

saab2000
01-31-2006, 07:14 AM
Hey Kids,

I would love to get out for a ride, but I ain't even pretending to be fast anymore. I don't spend much time out here and yesterday and today were totally unplanned. But I enjoyed taking advantage of the terrific temps to get in 42.67 miles on the W&OD Trail. Took about 90 minutes...... NOT.

Anyway, hopefully we can get out for something. I will be based in Washington 'til April 1, then I am off to Philadelphia. The pictures Ray sent me were seared into my mind and I really want to try out the riding in rural Pennsylvania.

BTW, Spokes in Vienna seems to be a nice shop. The manager seemed very nice. I have been to the one in Alexandria too, and it seems to be a bit more Serotta-oriented.