PDA

View Full Version : Shimano 11 using Campy 11 hub

bob59
02-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Anybody have first hand experience running a Campy 11 hub with a Shimano 11 group.

The setup will be a DT240 Campy hub.

1. Do you use a Campy 11 cass and all is good or do you have to use a Campy chain.

2. Any compromise using this setup?

Thanks in advance.

DRZRM
02-07-2014, 11:24 AM
I've not yet done it, though everything I've read says it works fine, and I've been tempted by some of the CK R45s listed here.. Ergott posted some information for spacers that would make it perfect, though he said it would work fine out of the box, you may want to PM him.

Black Dog
02-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Leonard Zinn at Velonews has done this and there are not issues. The spacing is vitally the same and any 11 speed chain should work.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/09/bikes-and-tech/drivetrain-compatibility-hidden-in-plain-sight_303199

Ryun
02-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Works just fine with campy cassette and shimano 11sp shifters

Also you can easily swap a shimano 11 dt freehub and endcap on there to allow you to run a shimano cassette on the hub if you dont have campy cassettes already

Tokeat
02-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Works fine for me. Same with the shimano 11 speed cassette and campy chain/shifters. There may be a slight difference with a full shimano/campy group but I blame it on my poor mechanical skills.

wooly
02-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Not much to add here but it works. I ran a complete dura ace 9000 group with a campy splined wheelset. Worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldpotatoe
02-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Anybody have first hand experience running a Campy 11 hub with a Shimano 11 group.

The setup will be a DT240 Campy hub.

1. Do you use a Campy 11 cass and all is good or do you have to use a Campy chain.

2. Any compromise using this setup?

Thanks in advance.

No..use any 11s chain..no need to match brands, just speeds.

Ya know you can change the FH body and axle end to a shimano 11s compatible one for that hub...yes?

Grant McLean
02-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Shimano rear derailleurs have some lateral float designed in the upper
guide pulley, it makes minor alignment issues more tolerable.

the G-pulley will go automatically to the best possible position under the cassette sprocket,
also correctimg small differences in cable-adjustment.

In this way, Shaimano is less fussy than SRAM or Campag, but many people don't
know about this shimano patented feature, or even confuse it as a defect.
I've had customers ask me if the pulley needed replacing because of the movement.

-g